Koodo Community
Solved

Thinking to buy a new phone from Koodo, what would happen to my current plan?

• 26 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Probably this was answered before, sorry I couldn’t find anything in my search though.

Last year(Sep-2020) I bought a plan and a phone from Koodo, I paid all the outstanding balance for my phone. My plan will expire next year, and I am thinking to buy another phone today from Koodo ($15 a month), I was wondering what would that do to my plan? Does that mean my plan at the current rate ($50) will continue for another two years? I do not want that to happen, as I am just interested in the phone only, and I am not sure if I want to keep this plan for two more years.

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 26 November 2021, 13:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you would have to okay off your current phones tab balance and tab bonus and then you would start paying for a new phone and it would restart the 2 years over.

So you would have to okay off your current phones tab balance and tab bonus and then you would start paying for a new phone and it would restart the 2 years over.

Thank you Allan for your response. Sorry for the confusion.

My previous phone balance is cleared out. But what would happen to my current data plan that expires next year? Would it be extended for another year to go along with my new phone that I'm planning to get?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kalle  If you upgrade  you could keep your current plan (the one that you have)  or switch to an existing one. There is a tab bonus on your account but as long as you don’t cancel your account upgrading won’t impact it.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus

Thank you Bernard.