Koodo Community

Community

Solved

thinking of switching but unable to talk to a HUMAN

i would actually like to speak on the phone with an actual human instead of hearing these limited options!!!!!!!!!!!! you certainly do not make it easy to want to switch when there is not a human on the other end of the phone when you call customer service

30 replies

Userlevel 4
Hello Bev, Sorry to hear that Customer Service didn't answer your call! What kind of questions do you have? We here on the community might be able to help you out 🙂
Matthew wrote:

Hello Bev, Sorry to hear that Customer Service didn't answer your call! What kind of questions...

i have too many questions for this forum....
Userlevel 6
Matthew wrote:

Hello Bev, Sorry to hear that Customer Service didn't answer your call! What kind of questions...

You can never have too many questions, this is the best place to get your answers, from people who actually use koodo.
Matthew wrote:

ok, i want to know what it would cost me to get unlimited minutes in canada, long distance, voice mail, call display, and 2 gigs of data. i have my own phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Matthew wrote:

$70 https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html If you bring your own phone you can request the Bring your Own phone discount which is an extra 10% off. So it will be $63 + tax + 911 fee if applicable The only thing I left off was long distance since I need more info about Long Distance to where?
Matthew wrote:

just long distance within my country. Canada...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Matthew wrote:

Then this plan will suit your need! But what province do you live in because you may have special offers!
Matthew wrote:

alberta
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Matthew wrote:

Im in Alberta too. Unfortunately there are no region specially priced plans here. The plan I noted above would be the price for your requirements.
Matthew wrote:

thanks so much. so far everything seems to point to koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you call in to the 1866 number, just keep pressing 0 until you get to a live person. However we are live people and can answer most of your questions here too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

When you call in to the 1866 number, just keep pressing 0 until you get to a live person. Howe...

LOL if you knew what weekend I've had you wouldn't call me "live" though 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

When you call in to the 1866 number, just keep pressing 0 until you get to a live person. Howe...

That's what coffee and other substances are for 😛
Dennis wrote:

what is the 1866 number? i just tried calling the number on the website!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Dennis wrote:

yeah i did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i get are prompts for something that doesn't have anything to do with what i need to ask!!!!! why can't i actually speak to someone regarding the questions that i have as I wish to switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! going to change my name to Annoyed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I just tried it. Pressed 0 everytime they gave me options. Even when they asked the language option. I was on hold for about 2 mins. And I spoke with Christina from Montreal who thought I was weird when I told her I had to go right after she picked up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

And if you want to switch and want to keep your number, make sure you do not cancel your current cell account. Then you set up a Koodo account. You tell the koodo person there that you are porting (bringing) your old number to be used with Koodo. Koodo will switch the number over and cancel your previous account. Note that you will be responsible for any of the previous provider's cancellation fees or overages. If you are also bringing their phone over to Koodo too, then you can get Koodo to unlock it for free since you are signing up for a new account (except iphones). Make sure you ask for the 10% off Bring your own phone discount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

We can also talk about plans, phones, the Tab, roaming, which phones work on Koodo, etc. Are you sure you dont want to talk to the almost-live people on here (who are customers just like you) who are here volunteering and trying and willing to help you? If it is truly a question that requires Koodo to answer we are more than willing to let you know that is the case too 🙂
Dennis wrote:

pressing 0 worked. now i am on hold. at least now i can ask my questions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Call and choose option #4!
Robert wrote:

this forum is getting me no where! option 4????? moving my number? I dont even have a plan yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Userlevel 4
Robert wrote:

We're offering you suggestions based on information given. Because you've not yet asked us a question we're just giving you the "Low-down" as to what's-what with Koodo, things we think are important, and awesome about being with Koodo! So take some time, read the information that's been posted and see if it answers any of your questions. If none of it does, and you still can't get through with customer service we'll be right here, awaiting your questions so we can answer them promptly and effectively.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hey Bev. Press that option or #6. You will speak to a person and then tell them your problem! They'll redirect you to the good department!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you get through, Bev? And just because I'm weird I calculated the number of exclamation marks you used in this thread: you are the grand winner of NINETY EIGHT in total - too bad you couldn't make it a solid one hundred or Koodo would have had to give a free month for all your trouble 😃 Joking! Teasing! Jesting! Sorry sorry couldn't help it 😉 Edit: oops missed a few, make that 103. Impressive indeed.