Koodo Community
Solved

"The Works" vs. new $45 plan?

Userlevel 1
Hey, so I am on "The Works" Plan right now. And I am looking at the new $45/month promo plan. At first glance I thought they were exactly the same (except for the $5 price difference), but upon closer inspection it appears I get UNLIMITED INCOMING (w00t) and Call Waiting/Forwarding included just for that extra $5/month. Really enticing. Are there other differences (pros and cons) I should be aware of, does anybody know? For those who don't remember "The Works": Canada-Wide 150minutes Unltd Text CID + VM 250MB Data Unltd 5PM Evenings/Weekends

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
It seems those are the only differences. Might be worth it if you're getting a lot of calls then for sure!
Userlevel 1
I'm really tempted... Last (billing) month I stopped answering my phone before 5PM for the last 3 days cos I was down to 2minutes. lol. Now... to ensure I don't get screwed by proration, Do I switch the night before my next billing cycle, or the day before, or the day of...?
Userlevel 5
I'm pretty sure the day before is the safest bet, but it wouldn't really matter what time of day there as far as effecting you for proration. I'd be switching as well (I'm on the Canada-Wide Super 6GB) for the unlimited calls but 1 gb isn't enough data for me, and right now I don't need the minutes...
Userlevel 1
Cool. Thanks Jorden. If only referral worked for Changing Plans as well as New Customers. I missed an opportunity when I signed up in mid-Sept. Oh well.
Userlevel 5
Cool. Thanks Jorden. If only referral worked for Changing Plans as well as New Customer...That sucks... A lot of people don't know that Koodo has a Referral Program though so many people do miss the opportunity. I'd suggest you get the $45 plan since you almost went over last month. The unlimited incoming will be a great way to reduce your usage of minutes.
Userlevel 1
Cool. Thanks Jorden. If only referral worked for Changing Plans as well as New Customer...Yep, seriously considering it. In fact, barring unexpected circumstances, I'll probably jump on it on Nov 13th (the day before my cycle ends) This no-contract, change plans willy-nilly, is a strange, new and exciting experience for me. 😃
Userlevel 5
Cool. Thanks Jorden. If only referral worked for Changing Plans as well as New Customer...Yeah, I'd suggest that you change it one day before your cycle ends or at least close because a lot of people get confused about the proration thing and start to complain and it just gets into a big mess.
The $30 one is still quite pricey, but works out to about a $10/month savings compared to buying it separately. Whether you take that one or the $45 one, i suggest you use Opera Mini/Mobile by default if you're using an Android. It will compress pages so they use two to three times less data.
Userlevel 5
The $30 one is still quite pricey, but works out to about a $10/month savings compared to buying ...The $30 plan is basically equivalent to the $25 plan + $5 unlimited text. There's just one question. Would you rather have 25 more minutes or 100mb of data?