Koodo Community

Community

Solved

The Best Plan for Texting and Calling the States with a Nexus

I am looking for the best plan for texting and calling the States with a Nexus 5. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If calling the US is all you will be doing, then the $25 plan for 100 local minutes with unlimited texting, plus a $10 add on for unlimited calling to the US, would be your best choice. If this is not all you would be doing, then you would need a different plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If calling the US is all you will be doing, then the $25 plan for 100 local minutes with unlimite...

Depending how much calling to the US you do, you can also look at prepaid ($15 for the unlimited texting baseplan) plus a minutes booster (2 mins is used per min for US calling.  Which is $0.10 per min when on the $25 500 min booster

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If calling the US is all you will be doing, then the $25 plan for 100 local minutes with unlimite...

Does my normal plan with unlimited texting go for the states as well or is that only Canada?
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

all plans that have texting include international texting as long as you remain in Canada.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Awesome! Thanks for the help!
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

On another note, I was thinking of switching plan to the double the minutes. Will I lose unlimited SMS and MMS, blackberry APN (I'm not even sure what that is...), koodo II (?), ...etc.?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

so this means that if I text someone in the States I will not be charged?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yes. You will also not be charged if you text someone in Mongolia, as long as YOU are in Canada.
Userlevel 7
You could also take a look at Skype2go from Skype which converts long distance numbers to local numbers for 2.99 Canadian per month. Added to any unlimited plan, it could save you some cash.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd like to add that your phone of choice has no impact on your plan price, unless you're getting a Tab.