Koodo Community

Community

Thanks KOODO for the $94 5GB data plan ! pretty good for all those heavy data users ! :D


Userlevel 5

19 replies

Userlevel 7
I think Koodo should add an $84 3GB plan too
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

I think Koodo should add an $84 3GB plan too

It's $85 with the 10% "bring your own phone" discount. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think that the plan is overpriced by at least $30.
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

I think that the plan is overpriced by at least $30.

If you're in MB/SK, it's overpriced by $39 and it's not even eligible for Tab L, unlike theirs
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

I think that the plan is overpriced by at least $30.

Always pessimistic
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There was a time when $60 was the norm for 5GB plans... ah good old times... if I ever need that much data I'll move to Saskatchewan!
Userlevel 6
More and more, I think the sole reason such a plan exists is to raise the younger generation into thinking that it's okay to pay $100 monthly for cell service. You know, future-proofing a (flawed) business model....
Userlevel 6
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

More and more, I think the sole reason such a plan exists is to raise the younger generation into...

What's flawed with the business model? Maximizing profit is the basic principle most companies operate under in the free market world. Why is it ok then for Apple or many others to do exactly the same? In terms of margins they make is what I mean. http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2013/09/11/marginal-cost-and-benefit-apples-addiction-to-iphone-profits/
Userlevel 6
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

More and more, I think the sole reason such a plan exists is to raise the younger generation into...

Chris, I never said it was okay for Apple or anyone else, lol! But they couldn't care less what customers like me think anyway, so... :oP As a customer (and not a shareholder), I think it's a flawed model because it's a bubble. Like the housing market in Vancouver. Sooner or later, something will bust open and it will be ugly. It's gotten to the point where carriers don't even care their own customers hate them (ask Rogers). When you do things "just because you can" and start losing focus (which should be convincing your customers to continue to want to give you their business), you're basically daring your bread and butter to go elsewhere or otherwise cancel service. It's that in-your-face cockiness that will inevitably drive people away. It's also basically banking on people's addiction to being always connected. Take that away, and that business model is dead, right there and then. And it's not "if", it's "when". EDIT: I'm not saying people will stop wanting to get connected, but people will certainly find a way to send their carriers packing. Ask cable companies how's their userbase growing these days... and yet, people still watch TV, just differently.
Userlevel 6
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

More and more, I think the sole reason such a plan exists is to raise the younger generation into...

I'd say Rogers likely got the wake up call.....and you see proof of that by how they cleaned (fired) their executive ranks just last week. Let's face it, people are addicted and there is no way I see the cellphone market in canada shrink anytime soon... that doesn't mean of course, to your point, that someone comes out with a "game-changing" idea that would substitute the service they provide. Still, they may stillbe able preserve the same margin but able to charge less for it. Everyone is happy, because they pay less than what they used to but I'm sure at some point people will complain again that it's "too much".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

More and more, I think the sole reason such a plan exists is to raise the younger generation into...

Don't worry, the telcos will be legislated into playing fair eventually. Same thing happened with the broadband market.
Userlevel 5
Glad you enjoy it but it seems really pricey to me... ^^
Badge +4
Maybe I'm missing something here, but all I see is the $55/5GB for MB/SK and the Tab Large plan for $95/3GB. I can't seem to find the $94/5GB plan.
Userlevel 3
rikkster wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but all I see is the $55/5GB for MB/SK and the Tab Large plan f...

same here can't seem to find the plan any where
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but all I see is the $55/5GB for MB/SK and the Tab Large plan f...

The plan exists, for sure. I can't wait for no one to sign up for it. Then the price will drop. yay
Userlevel 5
rikkster wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but all I see is the $55/5GB for MB/SK and the Tab Large plan f...

It's not advertised on the website, but is available to people doing a rate plan change.
Glad I stuck with my Canada-Wide Data Double 45 $45.00 plan. With 1GB included, and $5/500MB overage, it's only $85 for 5GB data if and when I need it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter McFarlane wrote:

Glad I stuck with my Canada-Wide Data Double 45 $45.00 plan. With 1GB included, and $5/500MB over...

It's pretty sad when "stuck" is the most positive thing we can say about our plans.
Badge +4
Peter McFarlane wrote:

Glad I stuck with my Canada-Wide Data Double 45 $45.00 plan. With 1GB included, and $5/500MB over...

And that it's '[b]only' $85 for 5GB of data...

Reply