Koodo Community

text notification warning

• 25 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I just received a text from Kodoo welcoming me to the US and that a addition was added to my account and a reminder that I have to add a + when dialing international numbers. I have not called anyone international nor has my family. I would like to make sure there is no fraudulent transactions on my account .

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you live close to the border, Stacey? It sounds like your phone connected to a US tower. You can have those charges reversed if that happened, and I suggest you disable roaming on your phone and/or connect to Koodo’s cell towers manually.

Yes we are a border town. How can I have those charges reversed? With the borders being closed we haven't travelled to the US in a year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I thought that is what might have happened :) If you are charged, it will be on your next invoice. So keep an eye out, and if you are, then you can contact Koodo through a call back or FB private messenger. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could contact koodo and ask a rep to revert the charge.

You can schedule a callback from Koodo assist

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Or you can send Koodo a private message facebook or twitter.

To avoid the issue in the future, you can disable automatic cellular selection in the phone settings and manually select Koodo. However, every times the phone restart or reset, you might have to do this again or the phone switch to Automatic selection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Though I will wait to see if you got charged before calling.