Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Text issues and loading screen with HTC One V

I'm having a problem with my HTC One V and am hoping that someone may be able to help or to at least get an answer as to why this is happening.... It's concerning text messages; I go to the screen where it shows the list of people who have texted me and when I select the person I wish to text or view the text the screen will not load, it just keeps showing "loading" on the screen. I have tried restarting it and turning it off, removing the sim chip, waiting 20 seconds and putting it back n turning the phone back on but nothing has worked. Please help

3 replies

Userlevel 7
How many messages do you have saved with any particular person? If it's a large #, then that may be your problem. Low internal memory or not, phones cannot keep too many messages in their history or else it will freeze up like that. A customer of mine came in who had a One S, which is a more powerful version of your device, but had the same issue because he didn't delete any of the 5,000 + messages he saved with his GF. Go to your messaging app and select Settings > General > Delete old messages. I have mine set to 300 to be safe. If you want to back up important messages, then search the Play Store for an SMS back up utility. If this doesn't solve your problem, I suggest backing up everything that's important to you on your phone and then performing a factory reset to wipe the phone back to factory settings so it will perform like new again.
Jonathan I wrote:

How many messages do you have saved with any particular person? If it's a large #, then that may ...

Thank you so much, it's finally working again... I appreciate your help very much 🙂
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

How many messages do you have saved with any particular person? If it's a large #, then that may ...

Awesome! Enjoy texting again.