Koodo Community

Temproary relocation

  • 16 September 2019
  • 3 replies

I will be relocating from Manitoba to BC for 4-6 months. Do I need to change my phone number or get a different plan?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think you need to change your number or plan but if you do change your number to one there you will need to change your plan to an in province one
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No need. You can keep your MB number.

Other who call you will incur long distance since they are calling MB from BC. But most cell pnas have canada wide minutes.

DO you have canada wide minutes on your current plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you keep your MB number, new BC contacts will tire of calling you long distance and some may not even pick up your outgoing "foreign unknown" calls, but your old MB contacts will be happy.

It will be the same story with the aggrieved parties in reverse if you get a BC number.

If this is a sensitive issue for you, get a VoIP number in BC for a few dollars a month and have those calls forwarded to your current MB cell number. You will need Canada-wide minutes for calling out.

Everybody happy and you maintain possession of your MB number without interruption when you return.