Koodo Community

Community

Taking away the $20 30-day unlimited US texting sucks.

Taking away the $20 30-day unlimited US texting sucks. 400 texts/$15 isn't anywhere near as good

7 replies

I can't agree with you more. I sent a message to Kudoo about that. It is a RIPOFF
Userlevel 7
Do you think you'll send more than 400 texts while you're in the U.S? If so, then I agree with you, but if you only go there once in a while, saving $5 isn't bad. However I'm unfamilar with the time frame given to that $15 add on...
Jonathan I wrote:

Do you think you'll send more than 400 texts while you're in the U.S? If so, then I agree with yo...

It's 400 total messages sent & received - or roughly what my daughters would use in about 1/2 a day. When my tab is up, I'm done with Koodo because they keep changing features and add-ons - I originally had unlimited North American texting, then they removed that from my plan (said I was notified which I was not) and replaced it with the 30-day add-on, now this. Come on, Verizon - get up here and bring us a true North American plan!
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Do you think you'll send more than 400 texts while you're in the U.S? If so, then I agree with yo...

Well, if roaming addon options are very important to you, and you'd prefer to use your Canadian carrier instead of buying a local simcard from the country you're visiting, your probably best going to another carrier imo. Koodo certainly offers the least attractive options in this area. Maybe check out Virgin, their 'regular' plans are generally priced and include services comparable to Koodo, but they also give you access to a boatload of addons and features you just can't get with Koodo.
In my case we have a young teen who does go away for long periods of time in US. The unlimited texting was great as he didn't always have to search for WiFi which many places in US don't offer. Its not as common as in Canada. Also didn't have to worry about overages. Also its for 400 text incoming/outgoing so that really isn't much for these teens these days.
Userlevel 5
lorri McBride wrote:

In my case we have a young teen who does go away for long periods of time in US. The unlimited t...

If you have a young teen that does go away to the states for a long period of time, I suggest unlocking his phone and then signing up with Prepaid service in the states. You will save a lot more money this way.
lorri McBride wrote:

In my case we have a young teen who does go away for long periods of time in US. The unlimited t...

Thanks I'm looking at Roam mobility