Koodo Community
Solved

tabplus or prepaid? and do I still need a SIM even if I buy from Koboo?

• 20 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’m planning to get a new phone from Koboo.

I was looking at the Tab plus $45, 2GB plan but then I saw this prepaid plan, same price, $45 but gives you 4.5 GB. I think both are same unlimited nation calls and text messagings.

Isn’t prepaid plan better deal? or am I missing something here?

and if I order a new phone ( iphone 11) on Koboo, do I still need to get a new SIM card? or is it already installed?

Thank you!

Mindy

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 20 October 2020, 19:23

One big different between postpaid and prepaid is that you can’t buy a phone with prepaid plan. 

If you want to buy a phone on Tab, then you need to sign up with postpaid/monthly.   If you switch to prepaid afterworlds, then yes, you need a prepaid SIM card.

Correction: you can't FINANCE a phone with a prepaid plan. You CAN buy one as long as you pay the full price up front.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Prepaid plans do not allow you to purchase a phone on tab. The prepaid promotions may look better than the Postpaid regular offerings and with the automatic top-up, they ‘almost’  feel like Postpaid plans.

Prepaid accounts are separate from Postpaid plans and  require you to get a Prepaid SIM.

I am on a Prepaid plan as it gives me the best return for my $

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

One big different between postpaid and prepaid is that you can’t buy a phone with prepaid plan. 

If you want to buy a phone on Tab, then you need to sign up with postpaid/monthly.   If you switch to prepaid afterworlds, then yes, you need a prepaid SIM card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Correction: you can't FINANCE a phone with a prepaid plan. You CAN buy one as long as you pay the full price up front.

Thank you guys! problem solved!  :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

But, they don’t sell you a phone outright if you sign up with prepaid, correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They don’t sell certain phones, but I’m sure this page isn’t here for nothing. They must sell cellphone outright on prepaid too. So you’re right on most cases. People are looking for other phones then the ones I posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

One major difference beween prepaid and post-paid: no roaming on pre-paid other than in the US, which works well. There is no daily fee; you just have to buy the appropriate boosters for minutes/data etc, and they never expire as long as your account is not closed.

You can use any unlocked phone compatible with Telus, Bell or AT&T on either pre- or post-paid. It’s much less complicated to buy your phone outright if you think there is a chance you might switch within the next year or so.