Koodo Community
Solved

Tab Plus on old plan

Userlevel 1

I have the old plan $40/6gb ; I would like to take a new phone, am i eligible for tab plus? or i will need to switch to new plan for it.

Thanks.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I believe that you meet the base requirement but you may be denied based on the age of your plan. Give it a try and see what it says.

Userlevel 1

I believe that you meet the base requirement but you may be denied based on the age of your plan. Give it a try and see what it says.

Thanks! will give it a try and see how it goes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to use Tab plus, then plan with $45 or up is requirement . 
But, their system have glitch  sometimes.  I would give it try as Goran suggested.

If it doesn’t work you still be able to use Tab basic and keep your plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone

Hi there I want to get a pre owned phone on Koodo web. I has $40 monthly plan. But it won't allow me to get a phone on tab. Even I selected (basic tab). It kept telling me if I kept current plan, I have to pay full retail price for the phone. Why is this? Why can't I selected basic tab and keep my current plan? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there I want to get a pre owned phone on Koodo web. I has $40 monthly plan. But it won't allow me to get a phone on tab. Even I selected (basic tab). It kept telling me if I kept current plan, I have to pay full retail price for the phone. Why is this? Why can't I selected basic tab and keep my current plan? 

Many “grandfathered” plans have that issue. I would suggest you contact them directly and ask if you can upgrade on the plan or not. If not, you might have to select an “in-market” plan with the upgrade.

Koodo representative just called me about my tab issue. Current my plan is $40/month. Somehow I can't get a basic tab on Koodo. So the representative kept telling me (my plan has expired). In Order to get tab I have to select whatever plan avilable from Koodo website, which is totally BS.. a $40/month should be eligible for basic tab. Why telling me (my old monthly plan expired).. so pretty much from now on, I can not get any tab on phone with my current $40 monthly plan. Have to select one of the crappy plan from website in order to get tab. I think it's time to switch to other phone provider with similar tab program. NO TAB =NO KOODO .. now Koodo just 👎

Time to file a complain to CRTC .. about my (no tab) eligible issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo representative just called me about my tab issue. Current my plan is $40/month. Somehow I can't get a basic tab on Koodo. So the representative kept telling me (my plan has expired). In Order to get tab I have to select whatever plan avilable from Koodo website, which is totally BS.. a $40/month should be eligible for basic tab. Why telling me (my old monthly plan expired).. so pretty much from now on, I can not get any tab on phone with my current $40 monthly plan. Have to select one of the crappy plan from website in order to get tab. I think it's time to switch to other phone provider with similar tab program. NO TAB =NO KOODO .. now Koodo just 👎

The rep is wrong. Can you set up another call back or send them message through FB. Use Dennis's link to prove that you can keep your plan to use Tab basic.

I don't use Facebook. But I did telling about my tab issue in Koodo Twitter. Also included the link about old account $40 monthly plan are eligible for basic tab.  No reply from Koodo! 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't use Facebook. But I did telling about my tab issue in Koodo Twitter. Also included the link about old account $40 monthly plan are eligible for basic tab.  No reply from Koodo! 

They are swamped by recent promo plans. It might take some time. But they will respond you. 

2nd time talk to Koodo representative. They said my $40/8G plan doesn't exist in their system. So I'm pretty much lock out on any tab of Koodo system. Even the (basic tab) which under $40 monthly bill requirement. Also spoke to the supervisor of Koodo. Nothing nothing, can't do anything about my tab issue. Kept telling me to switch the new plan ($50/9G) they have in Koodo website. This totally sucks. I'm a Koodo customer, but not treat as one.. 🤬

Userlevel 5

Hey there! We just answered to your DM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'll Flagged this.

I know Koodo changed the policy for phone upgrade awhile ago to force customers to switch their plan to in market plan when we upgrade our phone.

But they revert the policy back  to maintain minimum price to use each Tab level. It's showing on their website too.

Hopefully official check this post and give us some insight.

Add: I just saw Alexandra answered you. I took too much time to edit my screenshot 😅

According to this screen shot. I'm eligible to get basic tab on Koodo. But their system won't allowed me to get any tab at all.. the supervisor in Koodo also try it on their end, also can not get a tab on my account. 😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

According to this screen shot. I'm eligible to get basic tab on Koodo. But their system won't allowed me to get any tab at all.. the supervisor in Koodo also try it on their end, also can not get a tab on my account. 😔

Is that what the DM Alexandra referenced said?

Yup, that's what calling in center representative said. They told me my monthly plan is not in the system ($40/8G). I guess all Koodo monthly plans with data start at $45, so the system glitch out the old customers, not allowing them to get tabs. I wish Koodo can fix this problem. I'm sure lots Koodo customers out there has $40/6G plan. Are they having the same problem as me, can't get a tab? 

I got a screenshot , but don't know how to upload it