Koodo Community
Solved

Switching toTelus

• 3 September 2020
  • 10 replies

If I order an iphone Xr from telus, will the Bring Your Own Device service carry over since I’m on Koodo’s network? I’m upgrading from an Iphone 5s (7 Year old model) and want to know if there is a discount for loyalty since I’ve been with Koodo for 4 years. Should I order from koodo or telus? Also do you have to pay only $15 every month? Or can I pay it off quicker? Or does that add incentive to stay paying $15 for 2 yrs

icon

Best answer by Sophia 3 September 2020, 01:50

What exactly is your question? You can buy your phone outright, but then I suggest you buy it directly from Apple. If you want to buy a phone on the tab, then the only advantage is that you won’t have to pay the whole amount in advance. It’s your choice really. What plan are you on currently?

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What exactly is your question? You can buy your phone outright, but then I suggest you buy it directly from Apple. If you want to buy a phone on the tab, then the only advantage is that you won’t have to pay the whole amount in advance. It’s your choice really. What plan are you on currently?

8Gb and unlimited text & 500 minutes

for 70$. Should I switch to Telus and get one shipped from them? Or get it from Koodo then switch over? It’s $120 upfront for an XR on Koodo $15 on med tab. And Can I keep my number if I do buy plan from telus. Looking to get the 55$ promotion for 11 GB. Telus has no pay upfront for $20

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo has a deal that you’d probably like: $50 with 9GB and unlimited minutes in combination with a phone purchase on the tab. You’d probably want that… you get more data, more minutes and a phone for less money. Oh on top of the $50 comes the Tab amount of course, this can be $15 or higher depending on how much you pay up front. Check it out: https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNewHomeBAN_Bonus5GBaddon_HPMainBanner

Sorry forgot to answer your second question: if you do decide to move to Telus, you can certainly keep your number!

Userlevel 7

Makes little sense to buy the phone on a Koodo tab if you are moving to Telus as you will not only be paying $20/month over 24 month but will also have to pay the plan cost over those 24 months. As Sophia said, you might as well buy the phone directly from  Apple, Telus (or Best Buy). Good luck!

No that’s perfect. Thank you I appreciate it. Service can be rough where I live with the iphone 5s. Where would I find out if I’m eligible for a Tab bonus? I’ve been with koodo for 4 years. Will it just notify me while checking out? Edit: Never mind about the tab bonus. I read about what it was. But should I switch my plan to 11GB for 55$ now? And then keep that plan with new phone on med tab?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

“Or get it from Koodo then switch over? It’s $120 upfront for an XR on Koodo $15 on med tab”

If you buy an iPhone XR from Koodo with Tab M.   Yes you pay $120 up front and $15/mo tab for  next 24 months.   If you switch over to Telus as soon as you get it, then you have to pay back $340 tab bonus.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No that’s perfect. Thank you I appreciate it. Service can be rough where I live with the iphone 5s. Where would I find out if I’m eligible for a Tab bonus? I’ve been with koodo for 4 years. Will it just notify me while checking out?

Tab bonus is already including in this pricing.

The iPhone XR is $820 in retail price. You receive $340 Tab bonus. Pay $120 upfront and $360 on tab.   So if you stay with Koodo for next 24months, then you only pay $480 for it instead of $820.

Add: I just saw you edited about tab bonus. Now you know it👍

Should I switch to 11GB 55$ promo right now? And then I keep it on the new mid tab iphone xr? You’ve all been so helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Should I switch to 11GB 55$ promo right now? And then I keep it on the new mid tab iphone xr?

When you upgrade your phone, you add a phone you like and on next screen you can pick up a new plan. It’s because this is phone upgrade, you can pick up one of promo plan?

I just still want to make sure what you want to do with Telus tho.  I/we want to give you the best options you want and need.
And I don’t know what kind of they(Telus) is having. 

I compared plans with Telus and Koodo has the plan for what I was looking for. And it was an upgrade promo. Figured that out when they asked me the number I wanted to upgrafe. I placed my order for $55 for 11gb with $15 med tab. Black Iphone Xr 64gb storage. Thank you, all of you.