Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching to a new phone and using existing tab

Hi, I have been using my own device for close to 10 months now. I am planning to buy one of the phones using the tab option. Could I still retain the same phone number? Also would it be possible for me use the existing Koodo tab while getting the new phone?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Of course you can keep the same phone number and plan! To get a new phone, you would have to pay off your current Tab but nothing to stop you from starting a new one 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Of course you can keep the same phone number and plan! To get a new phone, you would have to pay ...

I didn't get a phone from Koodo. I just got the connection. So I believe there is nothing for me to "pay off". I believe I'm getting positive tab currently 🙂 Thanks for your repsonse.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, you can keep your number when you upgrade your phone. Also you can use your positive tab towards to a new phone. With Tab S : you can put up to $150 on the tab S + your positive tab. And you can keep your monthly plan With Tab M : you can put up to $300 on the Tab M + your positive tab. You can keep your monthly plan if it's over $30. There will be $5/mo tab fee Tab L : I don't recommend.
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, you can keep your number when you upgrade your phone. Also you can use your positive tab ...

When we refer to $150 or $300, what about is it? Is it the amount that I would have to finally pay to own the phone? Currently I'm using my own handset without any kind of tab. All I'm having is a positive tab I guess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, you can keep your number when you upgrade your phone. Also you can use your positive tab ...

What phone on your mind? ie) If you want to buy $300 phone With Tab S : you pay $150 upfront ant put $150 on the tab With Tab M : you pay $0 upfront and put $300 on the tab Tab will pay down per month by 15% of your monthly plan. You will pay $5/mo tab fee with Tab M Is this explain well? Add : This link will help 🙂 http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/the-tab-what-it-is-and-how-it-works/what-is-the-tab
Mayumi wrote:

Thanks Mayumi. This helps. I was planning to get iPhone 6 which is listed for $500. That would require me to pay 300 though tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Retail Price of iPhone 6 (64GB) is $875 If you use Tab M, you can save $75. So $300 on the Tab and you will pay $500 upfront. Retail Price of iPhone 6 (16GB) is $775 If you use Tab M, you can save $100. So $300 on the Tab and you will pay $375 upfront You can reduce upfront amount with your positive tab 🙂