Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching plans

If you would like to switch from one plan to another more expensive plan (both within Koodo) are there any penalty fees? Could you simply switch or are there fees that apply?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can change plans once per billing cycle for free
Userlevel 1
Like Dennis said, it's free but you will see partial charges. Your rate plan is a monthly recurring charge so if you make a change before the end of your bill cycle, you'll see partial charges. You'll probably see a credit based on days remaining on old plan before you changed the rate plan, and charge for the remaining days in your bill cycle for your new plan. To avoid this, make the change in SelfServe on your invoice date. Go to SS and look at your bill - what's the date on it? For example, mine is the 24th so if I make a change on the 24th of any month, I'll avoid this!!
Sheila Mulroney wrote:

Like Dennis said, it's free but you will see partial charges. Your rate plan is a monthly recurri...

So if I switch plans on the day that I pay for the month, there will be no fees?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sheila Mulroney wrote:

Like Dennis said, it's free but you will see partial charges. Your rate plan is a monthly recurri...

You can change whenever you want with no fees. What he tries to say is that if you change in the middle of a billing cycle, you will be pro rated. For example. Today is day 10/30 of your billing cycle and you change plan for the more expensive one (let's say it's 70$) You will be charged 10/30 x your old rate plan + 20/30 x your new plan. No extra fees will be applied.
Userlevel 6
Sheila Mulroney wrote:

Your minutes will also be prorated the same way, so it's preferable to check your usage before switching. If you've used 2/3 of your minutes at 1/3 of your cycle you'll be billed for overage on your old plan.
Sheila Mulroney wrote:

I do have partial charges, one with a credit for the old plan and one pro-rated for the new plan BUT I also have a full charge for the new plan! How do I get reimbursed for this. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sheila Mulroney wrote:

That full-charge fee is next month in advance, and the pro-rated ones are effectively in the past, and an adjustment.  You are always charged a month in advance on your regular plan, and paid the current month's use last month.

If you look at your total on this bill compared to the last one, it will be higher by the pro-rated portion for this month (where you made a change) and the difference in the cost of your plan.