Koodo Community
Question

Switching over from Rogers, Need some Plan Suggestions

• 22 June 2013
  • 4 replies

My mother and I are both hoping to switch over to koodoo within the next couple of weeks and I had a few questions about what plans/bundles would be ideal and how I can get the most bang for my buck. We have been with Rogers for the past couple of years and they have just been horrid with their service and we just want to buy out of our contracts and leave them for good and I believe koodo is the best choice as I have heard that they have a much higher standard for customer satisfaction. Now on to the details, for me I definitely have my heart set on a galaxy S4, and for my plan I want the absolute cheapest possible plan that still has any data and unlimited texting, I'm going off to school next year and cannot afford a large monthly fee at all when I'm not working. My mother on the other hand also wants the cheapest plan possible but she does not need any data whatsoever she only wants lots of minutes and texting (she hopes to get a somewhat cheap phone with a keyboard that isn't a blackberry) I've taken a look through the website and found some good ideas but I was wondering if maybe the community could bring to light some suggestions for me and maybe help me out a bit 🙂 it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Let me be the first to welcome you to Koodo then 🙂 The cheapest possible plan with (some) data and unlimited texting is prepaid, without a doubt... but if you want to use some MORE data, you'll quickly find that a plan might be better for you. If you wish, you can use my (unofficial!) spreadsheet to do some calculating, though it does not go into the Tab (which is on available on prepaid) or phone subsidy at all. Here you go 🙂 http://goo.gl/88DFC Might give you an idea what to look for, offhand I can't really advice any particular plan 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Canada wide data 39 call display voicemail unlimited text and picture messaging canada wide calling 600 mb of data 450 minutes per month unlimited evenings and weekends starting at 6 pm. Probably the best moderate usage plan available, at least among the data plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How much Data do you think you need? (If you can access WIFI you can reduce amount of data usage) http://koodomobile.com/en/on/datacalculator.shtml What plan do you have on your mind?
I honestly would use most likely under 100mb per month, and those prepaid plans actually look really nice and I'm seriously considering them, I hadn't even thought about going prepaid as I somewhat thought it was a thing of the past, but I have to thanks you for your quick and awesome suggestions!