Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching from BB to Iphone

looking into upgrading my 9900 to possibly a 4/4s and was wondering what would happen to my plan since its BB specific, would it still work or would I have to change my plan

10 replies

Userlevel 7
What plan do you have
Yes, at that point, you will need to change plan from the ones specific for BB. If plan is still being offered, you could have the same plan for phones other than BB; if not, you will completely be changing to one of the current plans.
Djenneka wrote:

Yes, at that point, you will need to change plan from the ones specific for BB. If plan is still ...

Slightly incorrect. You can have a BB specific rate plan and use a non-BlackBerry phones and the data will work.
Userlevel 5
Djenneka wrote:

Yes, at that point, you will need to change plan from the ones specific for BB. If plan is still ...

As long as it's not one that includes a feature such as social networking.
Userlevel 6
Djenneka wrote:

Hi Marcus, in order to avoid any potential issue with data because of the wrong plan, it's much more simple to go directly for a non-BB data plan 🙂
Userlevel 7
Djenneka wrote:

There should be no issues with your data and I would recommend keep your plan the way it is. If there is in the future, change your plan. If you switch to a non-BB data plan and want to switch to one after, if your plan isn't offered then you lose your plan. Keep your BB data plan. Trust me.
Userlevel 5
Djenneka wrote:

I definitely agree with Ahmad. BB Specific Plans work with any device and if you happened to go back to BB, it wouldn't matter since your plan is already BB Specific.
I just have the double promo deal 150 mins and 200mbs
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J.V. Phan wrote:

The bb versions of those plans are indeed universal. They will work with any phone and will not cause problems with billing.
J.V. Phan wrote:

awwsome