Koodo Community
Question

switch to telus via email

• 15 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I received an email requesting we switch to a telussharingplan.

1. Can I do this all via email and link they sent?
  2. do I need a new SIM card for each phone (2)?
    3. Do I have to payoff any existing tab balances or will they carry over totelus?       thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you sure that it is a legit Telus link? If not sure, you are better off calling Telus and discussing the email offer over the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I received an email requesting we switch to a telussharingplan.

1. Can I do this all via email and link they sent? Probably
  2. do I need a new SIM card for each phone (2)? Yes, new carrier, new SIM
    3. Do I have to payoff any existing tab balances or will they carry over totelus?       Yes, pay off any tab reamining at Koodo unless stated otherwise

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you move to Telus, then yes, you’ll need a new SIM card.  You also will have to pay off any remaining tab since Koodo is a different branch than Telus (they don’t share bills).

Not sure if you can sign up through the email since I don’t know what offer you got :)

Thank ypu

i will go visit them tomorrow and find out what offer is

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They might not be aware of the offer if it’s personal. Take a screenshot of the offer before going to the store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure you discuss the store fees if you decide to switch over with their help. Once you establish that this is a legit offer from a Telus official source, you may be able to minimize the transfer related cost by executing the switchover online.