Koodo Community
Solved

switch to Telus offer.

• 6 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I received a call supposedly from Koodo.  The said I could move my $65 plan to Telus and get unlimited data. Is this legit?

Ray

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 6 November 2020, 03:22

What was the phone number? If it is 1-866-995-6636, it should be from Koodo.

Occasionally, Koodo will call you to provide special offers to move to Telus. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What was the phone number? If it is 1-866-995-6636, it should be from Koodo.

Occasionally, Koodo will call you to provide special offers to move to Telus. 

That is the number so I guess it is legit.  Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unlimited, but throttled at what point

Just be careful giving personal info over the phone.  Its safer if you can call them to claim the offer as then you will know the number you are calling is legit versus receiving a call from a possible spoofed number.

They never said anything about throttling but I assume it would be at some point. I didn't want to give any information over the phone. That was the reason behind this post. Problem is getting in touch with Koodo on the phone. 

Thanks for your input, 

Ray 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They never said anything about throttling but I assume it would be at some point. I didn't want to give any information over the phone. That was the reason behind this post. Problem is getting in touch with Koodo on the phone. 

Thanks for your input, 

Ray 

To be sure, a rep needs to look into your account.  I recommend sending Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ealier this year, I saw Telus offered a promo of $65 for 20GB of LTE data. I am not sure what offer they are having rightnow. 

After 20GB, the data speed of that plan will be throttled to a "snail"speed of 512KB/s. If you can live with the 512Kbs speed (2G) then you can call it unlimited.

Anyway, it is a decent plan if you need more data. 

My offer was to move my $65 plan which has 8gb. Actually 6 + 2 as a bonus for 2 years. The 2 years are almost up. I have only once or twice come close to using the full 8gb. The new plan throttles after 10gb but there are no overage fees and I'm not that dependent on data. I've made the switch.  Oh, I should mention,  there is also a $45 administration fee which they agreed to waive. I'll see how it goes.

Ray