Koodo Community
Solved

Switch my cell plan from Bell to Koodo but keep the number

• 27 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi I am interested in switching to Koodo from Bell but keep my old number. Can anyone tell me how to do it? Do I need to start a Koodo plan first then transfer my Bell number over then cancel my Bell plan or I can do everything in one go? Thanks

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 27 November 2020, 06:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can contact Koodo to port over your services. Depending on where you are, you may or may not be able to port in person. It's the fastest way to get off the ground running by initiating a port right away and walking out with a Sim card. Otherwise you can start a new Koodo plan and once you get your Sim card, and register for self-serve after getting your activation email, you can move your number in self-serve.

Just be sure to get referred by someone you know with Koodo so both of you get referral credits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi I am interested in switching to Koodo from Bell but keep my old number. Can anyone tell me how to do it? Do I need to start a Koodo plan first then transfer my Bell number over then cancel my Bell plan or I can do everything in one go? Thanks

Note of caution: Do not cancel your Bell plan. If you do this, you will lose your original number. The plan will cancel by itself once you port out to Koodo.

You can sign up for a Koodo plan online or in store at your nearest location.

If you are doing it online, you will receive an email message confirming your temporary number once the order is made. You can register for your Self Serve account by entering your temporary number and create your password. Once you are logged in, you can click “View rate plan”, scroll down to “Manage your phone number”, and click "Transfer your phone number”. It will ask you the number you want to port into your Koodo account.

If you are doing it at the store, the Koodo rep can help you with the porting process. There will be a $45 connection fee if you activate it in store. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I recommend doing the port on your own via your self serve once you have your account, koodo sim and everything working. Once things are working good, then you can port yourself.