Koodo Community

Community

Solved

swap plans within same account

Hi, I have two numbers in my account.Can I swap the plans of each other. I could've easily changed the plan but both plans doesnt exist anymore. Please let me know.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Nope.
Userlevel 7
That's right. Unfortunately it's not possible
Thanks for the info. But How about i take the long route.. Swap the sim and then change the numbers ?
Userlevel 7
nandakm wrote:

Thanks for the info. But How about i take the long route.. Swap the sim and then change the num...

To new numbers, yes. But you can't swap the two numbers.
Userlevel 3
nandakm wrote:

Thanks for the info. But How about i take the long route.. Swap the sim and then change the num...

The two numbers can be swapped. You will need Koodo to do it at their end. I'm not saying they WILL do it, just saying it can be done. They will need to change one to a new number, then change the second to the other number (now available due to the previous number change) and then change the first line for a second time to the other number. There, swapped!
nandakm wrote:

Great . I think thats what i will .Let's see how it goes. I wonder why they do not allow this kind(simply changing plans) operation ,sounds weird. Its just billing after all. For instance BELL would allow me to go to the expired internet plan just to keep me in the service.They even create new discount profiles.
nandakm wrote:

Jack: I don't think it's possible at all. Once a sim card is attached to a phone number, it cannot be attached to another phone number. Sim cards(on Koodo's network) are pretty much a one shot deal. I have been advised of this by multiple Koodo phone reps.
Userlevel 7
nandakm wrote:

It's actually not as easy as Jack suggests, but it can be done. Like I mentioned, it's not something Koodo does so don't be surprised if you're turned down and don't be difficult with the reps who are trying to do their job (PS the front line reps can\t personally do it so don't bug them too much)
nandakm wrote:

Ahmad, I don't think it can be done at all because of the sim cards being one shot deals. It wouldn't hurt to call in and ask, but I really don't think it'll happen.
nandakm wrote:

Nandakm: On Koodo, once a rate plan is expired, there is no way to be able to select it or get it back. That's how Koodo's system is set up.
Userlevel 5
Deleted my last post as I'm actually not 100% sure of what I wrote. The easiest thing is have you literally swap numbers, pretty sure the only other option would be to get completely new numbers based off of your idea of doing a sim swap.
Userlevel 7
Jorden wrote:

Deleted my last post as I'm actually not 100% sure of what I wrote. The easiest thing is have ...

The problem is there is no way to swap numbers or at least it's not done. They would have to get new numbers.