Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Splitting available data

In my two plans I have 200 MB of data on one and no data on the other. I bought a new Moto phone for each account and the store sales person said I now had data on each plan. But I see here that I do not. Can I split the data onto each phone?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Unfortunately no, each line is an individual entity with its own plan. Every monthly post paid plan includes access to data. Some monthly plans include a bucket of data and a pay per use rate. Some are only pay per use. Check your plan details via self serve to see what your plan includes.
My plans are grandfathered and one includes no data. However after the store sales agent told me I had available data on the one phone I went ahead and used it a bit and have incurred a $5 charge so far for data use.
Userlevel 7
Don Whyte wrote:

My plans are grandfathered and one includes no data. However after the store sales agent told me ...

You can use the data without incurring a charge on the phone with the 200MB of data. If you use the one without the data, then you will get that charge. As Chad said, there is no data sharing.
Userlevel 6
Don Whyte wrote:

My plans are grandfathered and one includes no data. However after the store sales agent told me ...

Check your self serve account to see exactly what is included for data on both.
Let us know!
Userlevel 7
Don Whyte wrote:

Even if data isn't included you'd still have access to it unless it was blocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also check your per use rate for data because each plan has a different rate. If you have an old grandfathered plan and the per use rate for data is low and you won't be using data much it may be worth keeping that plan and only paying for the data you use. You can also set a limit directly on your phone under settings - data usage so that you never go over tale selected amount of data..... Or you can switch to a new plan with a data bucket included if it's cheaper than the old plan and how much data you'll use.