Koodo Community
Solved

So where's my $50/5GB plan offer?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/15/public-mobile-koodo-offer-50-5gb-promotion/  Why is one Telus company's customers getting a sweet deal to come over to Koodo, and not existing Koodo customers?

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you with Public Mobile?
Dennis wrote:

No, I'm with Koodo!  That's the point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

It is not a new practice that mobile providers offer promo's to new customer or potential new customers.  Your best options are to choose the best promos and plans that fit your needs and to change providers frequently to get the best deals going around.  Speak with your wallet!
Userlevel 1
Dennis wrote:

I agree. Why do new customers or customers with other companies get great offers and us who stay with Koodo get no special offers. Even though we are the ones paying there bills. 
Dennis wrote:

...Or to the CRTC, or to the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, or to everyone I know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You can file a complaint to the CRTC, but technically they have done nothing wrong.  Maybe a complaint to your local MP or cabinet minister would be more effective
Dennis wrote:

The idea would be to get the law changed, or just the regulations, which the minister can do with the stroke of a pen. Koodo is treating its customers with contempt.
Userlevel 1
Dennis wrote:

Or just switching phone providers. But the problem is at least for me..I really like Koodo. Just wish they would offer long time customers more special plan offers just for those customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Unfortunately it is not just a Koodo problem.

However for every new law or regulation, they will modify and adjust their approach.  You might end up with crappier or even no more promo plans.  Just like how the 2 year contracts has greatly increased the price of phones and plans
Dennis wrote:

Well, I have a plan, and $150 phone credit. Now, I find that in order to use the credit for a new phone, I MUST change my plan. I'm thinking that new regulations and transparency will be preferable to this BS.  Changing providers doesn't help when you have a pool of providers all behaving like sharks.  I think it's high time these providers were all reined in some more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Balderdash!  You can use this credit on a Tab small and keep your plan
Userlevel 4
@Kathy

It is not an official promo. Someone who is switching from PM has already 4GB of data. It is only 1GB bonus in order to create incentive to switch back to Koodo. It is a little bit complicated to explain why Koodo is doing that occasionally  but if you know the whole story behind that you would understand the reason.
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

It is not an official promo. Someone who is switching from PM has already 4GB of ...

Not an official promo? I have no idea what that means. Are they offering it?  Then it's official. In any case, Public Mobile and Koodo are both connected with Telus. If $50/5GB can be offered to one set of customers at a provider, it can be offered to the existing customers at that same provider.  I don't need to know the reason they aren't offering it.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

It is not an official promo. Someone who is switching from PM has already 4GB of ...

Hi Kathy,

People coming to this forum mostly for a help. Sometimes they bring some new ideas or in some extreme situations to release their justified or not justified anger and frustration or announce their disappointment. Occasionally have some rant even if it is based on false information. That is perfectly fine.

Kathy, unfortunately you contradicting yourself here. On one hand you want to have the same offer but on the other hand if I try to explain why you never going to get it you don't want to know the reason.

Sometimes knowledge can set us free.
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

Wow, Jan, that's a very condescending response, and very, very unhelpful. Furthermore, there is no contradiction here. You haven't explained why I "will never get it."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

Because it is an exclusive offer to select Public Mobile members who are most likely to upgrade to Koodo
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

@Kathy

It is your own response:[b] ..."I don't need to know the reason they aren't offering it"...

How can you be helpful here? Even you have the best intentions in mind.
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

@ Dennis Again, not a helpful response, considering that is the premise of my original question.
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

@ Jan. I stand by that statement. My question was where my offer--as a long-time Koodo customer--with more data for a lower price is. I don't need to know the reason Koodo isn't offering it.  The only answer I need is when Koodo will make some meagre attempt at retaining the customers it has, instead of leaking them out the back door at the same rate as they bring them in the front.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

@Kathy

@Dennis tries to explain in [b]nut shell something that I could write whole essay about. lol !
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

@ Jan  Dennis's response was tautological and again, unhelpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

The same happens with cable companies like Shaw, Telus, Rogers, and Videotron.  Promos are focused on new customers with hopes that the customer is too lazy to leave.  Which means they are ok with some customers leaking out the back door.  Unless that leak turns into a gusher, unfortunately I do not see this practice changing anytime soon
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

@Kathy

If the only question you want answered is "where is my offer", the short answer is: "It doesn't exist. You aren't getting one."
Here's a better plan if you live in ON, AB or BC
https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/17/freedom-mobile-offers-4010gb-promo-telus-koodo-public-mobile-cust...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Amy Wilson wrote:

Here's a better plan if you live in ON, AB or BC
[url=https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/17/freedom-...

And assuming that the coverage works for you being the important caveat.