Koodo Community

Community

Solved

sim card to micro ??

I have the lg optimus chat phone with the basic koodo sim card .. I was going to go to future shop to get the moto g today but I need to know if my koodo sim card from my old phone (lg optimus chat) will be able to slip in the new phone (moto G) ???? I noticed it says something about a micro sim card ?????

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Brian, that is true, the Moto G uses a microSIM but don't despair, all you need to do is buy the correct size SIM ($10 on a plan or $20 on prepaid) and activate that in your self service 🙂 Couldn't be easier, and I know you'll love the Moto G so don't let that stop you! 😃
Userlevel 5
Hey there Brian, If your getting a new phone that requires a diffrent sim card it will be proivded to you at point of purchase when getting the new phone 🙂 no need to worry !
Userlevel 6
Brian, If you come to a Koodo Shop the micro sim is free of charge since it comes with the phone. We also have a machine that can transfer your contacts, so you don't have to worry about it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Brian, If you come to a Koodo Shop the micro sim is free of charge since it comes with the pho...

What is that machine called and how can we obtain them? I have to resort to apps and bluetooth wizardry to transfer peoples contacts if they're not well versed in the Google ecosystem.