Koodo Community

Community

Should the 2GB promo include existing customer too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  • Mobile Master
  • 3240 replies
Today, I saw the extra 2GB promo on new or renewal customers. Should this also be available for current customers?

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Should be available but you have to "upgrade" to current plans ($55+) to get that bonus 2GB data. Personally, I don't think it is worth it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Suresh Aryal wrote:

Should be available but you have to "upgrade" to current plans ($55+) to get that bonus 2GB data....

I meant for existing customers with their existing plans, not "renewing" customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
2 GB promo will be available for current customers too if you upgrade your phone  on  an in market rate plan.  And this bonus data only last 24 monts. 
I agree with Suresh, if you have a good plan right now, then it might not worth you upgrade your phone AND  switch your plan to one of current plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

2 GB promo will be available for current customers too if you upgrade your phone  on&nb...

It wasn't for myself. He registered for the promo in September, $40 for 1GB 500min, it would be nice to get the extra 2GB on top of that plan (Not the current plan). Still it won't be as good as the promo from Public mobile before. This is the time of promotions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

2 GB promo will be available for current customers too if you upgrade your phone  on&nb...

It also says "Plan over $55"...  😞
It would be nice if they give extra data for anyone upgrade their phone (without changing plan).
And/Or give double data for lower price plan - like if you have 500 MB, then give extra 500 MB ;)    
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

I know, that was the reason to ask here 🙂 to get more support and hence potential promo....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

D'oh, it's under the "Idea".   Sorry I didn't check the category...
Yes, it would be great if existing customer  get extra data bonus without changing their plan when you upgrade phone.  🙂
Mayumi wrote:

When I go into "change plan" the +1 G bonus is not showing, how do I get the bonus?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@ Diane
They are currently offering Bonus 2 GB of data for 24 months IF you renew/upgrade your phone with one of  those in'market plan.
Simple plan change doesn't qualify for the bonus data.
Mayumi wrote:

What a shame - I have my own phone so no upgrade or renewal needed...
Mayumi wrote:

Do you guys know if this also applies to the 10gb for $60 plan for new customers? so 10gb + 2gb for 24 months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

They don't. 10GB, $60 was promo plan and it's supposed to be for new BYOD activation. You get 2GB bonus with $55 over in market plan.
Why doesn't Koodo give any of the Black Friday or cyber monday deals to existing customers? It's not fair that we existing customers have to upgrade our existing plan to earn the promo or we're not even given the choice of getting the extra 2 GB.  Sure, its understandable the incentive is great for new customers but you have people who have been with your service for years and you can't even throw us a bone. I find this really unfair to those who've been with Koodo for a while and think these 'promos' should be available for us as well and not leave us in the dark. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andy wrote:

Why doesn't Koodo give any of the Black Friday or cyber monday deals to existing customers? It's ...

Koodo had double data on plans about 3 months ago available to everyone. Although i do think we should be able to get more of these deals we do get them as existing customers sometimes.
Andy wrote:

Why doesn't Koodo give any of the Black Friday or cyber monday deals to existing customers? It's ...

Hello Andy,

I completely agree with you, I've created a thread about that. 

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/koodo-doesnt-support-existing-customers

That really doesn't make any sense.