Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Separate Plans

Hi there, my plan is currently under my husband's but I want to be off his plan

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Sure. What you'll do is have your husband call in to Koodo to initiate a transfer of ownership. Once he gives his authorization for you to take over, you can either talk with the agent during the same phone call or call back within 5 to 10 days (can't remember which). Have some IDs ready, because they'll do a credit check to ensure you can take over the Tab/plan.

I think there's a $25 fee for this that will show on your first invoice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Sure. What you'll do is have your husband call in to Koodo to initiate a transfer of ownership. O...

It's $10 now  ;)  
Jonathan I wrote:

Sure. What you'll do is have your husband call in to Koodo to initiate a transfer of ownership. O...

Thanks!
Jonathan I wrote:

Thanks Mayumi
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

$10 is more reasonable. Bell had it at $35 at one point, not really sure what it is now.
Jonathan I wrote:

My boyfriend is coming off mine, but doesn't have good credit. Can he still be taken off mine if he has a co-signer
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You can go for the credit check and see what they say. It is possible that he can be approved but would probably end up on the spending limit program which sets an amount that can be accumulated on a bill before it is cut off. http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/spending-limit-program
Jonathan I wrote:

Ok thanks. We will try that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Another option is prepaid if for some reason it doesn't work out.
Jonathan I wrote:

Thank you, will he have to pay off the tab if so?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Yes, if he moves away from a postpaid plan, he will need to pay off the tab in his final bill.