Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sending MMS on Basic Prepaid seems to require data

Userlevel 1
Sending MMS failes with basic prepaid plan unless I enable mobile data but basic prepaid includes unlimited text and picture messages. Shouldn't I be able to send a MMS without a data booster? PS - I'm using a Moto G

7 replies

Userlevel 6
That's right. And it does. But you do have to have data access turned on on your phone. There is no charge for send pics though.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

That's right. And it does. But you do have to have data access turned on on your phone. There is ...

Confused...are you saying that I can turn data on without having a data booster or are you saying that I have to have a data booster but that sending the MMS will not reduce my data quota?
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

That's right. And it does. But you do have to have data access turned on on your phone. There is ...

You do have to turn data on your phone for the pics to be sent. You do not need a data booster. Even if you buy one it still doesn't it into your quota. Other app running in the background might though, so always disable those or just set for wi-fi only.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

Cool...thanks
Userlevel 3
Data is required to use MMS. Unfortinately you would need a data booster...
Userlevel 6
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Not true. Their website states explicitly that unlimited messaging inludes text and picture. Nowhere it states you have to buy a data booster.
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Sorry cannot edit post Chri sis correct you should just need to enable the data on your phone.