Koodo Community
Solved

Self Serve and Reactivation issue

• 26 December 2018
  • 31 replies

I am trying to re-activate my account from the seasonal hold and I’m not able to do so.The new format of so-called customer service does not allow you to email or get through to a human representative. The only option is for a callback but if your phone is on seasonal hold how are you supposed to call? There is an error on self serve and nobody there to help you. It is absolutely frustrating that you have changed this format as this is one of the worst customer service is I’ve ever experienced.
I cannot even get a hold of a service representative to help me as they disabled the email option. All I want to do is give you my money and activate a service and it is impossible to do so. Please fix this and reply to me as I need to activate my phone.
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 27 December 2018, 03:23

It’s through “shop” that plans are activated, that’s where the error is occurring, the “login to self serve” via there is in error, it’s been like that for months now (even though I’m properly logged into self serve !)
You don't need to go through the shop to change your plan though, just sign into your self serve, click 'view rate plan' , then 'change my plan'.
View original

31 replies

Badge +4
Paper bills were phased out because of the harm they were doing to the environment...the only thing they’re phasing out here is customer service!
That's what the companies say but in reality it's because it saves them money, which is all they really care about.

I agree with you on their customer service. I don't mind the self serve brand as I would rather do it myself. It's when you can't do something yourself, that is frustrating because contacting them is a chore. If you're account wasn't having issues then all would be good.
Paper bills were phased out because of the harm they were doing to the environment...the only thing they’re phasing out here is customer service!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Either way Its incredibly inconvenient now that you’ve removed email. By eliminating something as simple as being able to email your customers you’ve created an incredibly inconvenient flaw in your customer service and removed even just that slight bit of personalization. Anyone that is out of the country cannot wait around for a call back and making them have to sign on to a social media site just so they can contact you is ridiculous. Your company had taken a disappointing step backwards ridding themselves of this modern tool in place for an automated chat “help” service, riddled with childish sponge bob emojis and computer generated responses. I appreciate you trying to help but this is incredibly frustrating and unprofessional and since not one representative me (other than here) has bothered to take the time to contact me and try to fix the issue, I will be cancelling my service and taking my business elsewhere.
When shopping for your next provider I recommend avoiding Virgin and Fido then. They are littered with innuendo and dogs.

Times changes. There was a time when paper bill was expected and how could anyone ever use a service with no paper bills, yet here we are. The options with Koodo are to call or private message via facebook or twitter. If those options do not work for you then maybe a full service provider like Rogers or Telus might be a better fit.

And you may also want to avoid Shaw Cable as they do the same thing for their TV and internet

Either way Its incredibly inconvenient now that you’ve removed email. By eliminating something as simple as being able to email your customers you’ve created an incredibly inconvenient flaw in your customer service and removed even just that slight bit of personalization. Anyone that is out of the country cannot wait around for a call back and making them have to sign on to a social media site just so they can contact you is ridiculous. Your company had taken a disappointing step backwards ridding themselves of this modern tool in place for an automated chat “help” service, riddled with childish sponge bob emojis and computer generated responses. I appreciate you trying to help but this is incredibly frustrating and unprofessional and since not one representative me (other than here) has bothered to take the time to contact me and try to fix the issue, I will be cancelling my service and taking my business elsewhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes.
Badge +4
It should, as it works on suspended accounts too.
Does 611 work while the phone is still on seasonal hold?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Ok, so we can't make changes without authentication. I tried my best. However, when you land in Canada, just dial 611 and we will help you switch things back.
I am returning to Canada for vacation, I need to be able to switch it back and forth as I did before
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would also need Easy Roam, and depending on what island you are at it may not even cover you. Is that where you wanted to use your phone?
There’s a 2 gig / 500 minute promotion on for $45, or whatever equivalent is close
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Unfortunately those are not securely approved channels. What plan were you trying to switch back to?
I am in port now but have no access to phone, I can receive iMessage or face time through wifi that’s about it (other than email) can I provide say, my current bill balance or any other information?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Strange...I'd like to reset your account but can't do it without authenticating your identity first. That can only be done over the phone and as you said you are in the middle of the Caribbean calling you is not possible. Are you gonna be at a port any time soon?
Nope , that’s where I am encountering the error

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry but I am in the middle of the Caribbean ocean, with no alternate number available.
Can someone look into why there is an error n my self serve, is it because it’s on hold that I cannot make changes ?

In that case sending Koodo a private message via favebook or twitter is your best bet. If you dont have an account, just create a dummy one.
If you choose not to, then you will need to wait until you gte back on land to schedule a callback
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Everything looks ok for your self serve account. Can you confirm if you can get to the Mobile Services page?

Sorry but I am in the middle of the Caribbean ocean, with no alternate number available.
Can someone look into why there is an error n my self serve, is it because it’s on hold that I cannot make changes ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes sir I am. And I am encountering an error on self-serve that is preventing me from doing so. And with all due respect I shouldn’t have to create a Facebook account or join any third party website just to continue my services with you (when I go to the hospital they don’t send me down the street to buy bandages)??? )Please have someone email me and I can provide all the verification needed. As well can someone please look into why there is a error on my account, that could fix a lot of issues, thank you
You can also schedule a call back to any number you enter in Koodo assist
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz We are phasing out email, so that is not an option unfortunately. Happy to call you though if you prefer. Is there a number, even if it's overseas where you can be reached? That way all can be looked after.
Yes sir I am. And I am encountering an error on self-serve that is preventing me from doing so. And with all due respect I shouldn’t have to create a Facebook account or join any third party website just to continue my services with you (when I go to the hospital they don’t send me down the street to buy bandages)??? )Please have someone email me and I can provide all the verification needed. As well can someone please look into why there is a error on my account, that could fix a lot of issues, thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Ok, so are you trying to switch back to a plan? For your own security we would need to verify the account before making changes. Creatingg a Facebook account is very easy. That maybe your best bet so we could help.
So can no one help me at all?
I find it hard to believe a company is riding themselves of email help. When you remove a service for your customers you’re diminishing you’re customer service. This is absolutely ridiculous, of no one can help me with a simple problem I’m going to take my business elsewhere. Please fix this situation
Yes I had switched back and forth from the seasonal hold via email each time. Which was easy and convenient And now that’s phased out I have no option. I don’t have Facebook.
And thanks timo, but it’s an error on their side of the website where It says I cannot log into self serve (therefore I cannot check out the product) even though I’m clearly logged in!

loophole o death...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It’s through “shop” that plans are activated, that’s where the error is occurring, the “login to self serve” via there is in error, it’s been like that for months now (even though I’m properly logged into self serve !)
You don't need to go through the shop to change your plan though, just sign into your self serve, click 'view rate plan' , then 'change my plan'.