Koodo Community
Solved

Self Serve and Reactivation issue

• 26 December 2018
  • 31 replies

I am trying to re-activate my account from the seasonal hold and I’m not able to do so.The new format of so-called customer service does not allow you to email or get through to a human representative. The only option is for a callback but if your phone is on seasonal hold how are you supposed to call? There is an error on self serve and nobody there to help you. It is absolutely frustrating that you have changed this format as this is one of the worst customer service is I’ve ever experienced.
I cannot even get a hold of a service representative to help me as they disabled the email option. All I want to do is give you my money and activate a service and it is impossible to do so. Please fix this and reply to me as I need to activate my phone.
icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 27 December 2018, 03:23

It’s through “shop” that plans are activated, that’s where the error is occurring, the “login to self serve” via there is in error, it’s been like that for months now (even though I’m properly logged into self serve !)
You don't need to go through the shop to change your plan though, just sign into your self serve, click 'view rate plan' , then 'change my plan'.
View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What happens when you try to pick a plan to switch to in self-serve? Ah email has the worst return times anyways. You can use another phone to call 611 or request a call back from. Or if it really comes to it, use Skype or Fongo or some other voip service to place the call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
You could enter another number when the digital assistant ask you (number that you can receive call). You will be called on that number.

You could also send message to their facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo) if that is more convenient.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz You do have an alternate number on file with us. You can provide any Canadian number and we would call you back there whenever it's convenient for you. This avoids the hassle of waiting on hold.

As per Goran, what exactly is the error you are getting. To switch off seasonal hold you can simply change to an existing plan that's available. I see that you were able to update your address successfully today so your self serve account seems to be working.
Thank you for the replies. . They have disabled email help all together. So if you have an issue such as your phone not working (or like me working overseas and having no access to my alternate number ) the only way to get any help or service is via call back, which won’t work if your phone doesn’t. :/
I was able to update my address , but I make any changes to my plan as it says “login error” on my self serve, although there is no error as I can make other changes., I’m sure we’ll get there, but Koodo needa to bring back other options than call back or this forum for customer service!
It’s through “shop” that plans are activated, that’s where the error is occurring, the “login to self serve” via there is in error, it’s been like that for months now (even though I’m properly logged into self serve !)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz As per Dinh above you can contact us via Facebook and we can look at your account. Email is indeed being phased out and won’t be something we support. Looks like you had switched to seasonal hold frequently in the past and had no issues switching back. Not sure what causes the challenges at the moment but once you contact us we can help out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You don't need to go through the shop to change your plan though, just sign into your self serve, click 'view rate plan' , then 'change my plan'.
Yes I had switched back and forth from the seasonal hold via email each time. Which was easy and convenient And now that’s phased out I have no option. I don’t have Facebook.
And thanks timo, but it’s an error on their side of the website where It says I cannot log into self serve (therefore I cannot check out the product) even though I’m clearly logged in!

loophole o death...
So can no one help me at all?
I find it hard to believe a company is riding themselves of email help. When you remove a service for your customers you’re diminishing you’re customer service. This is absolutely ridiculous, of no one can help me with a simple problem I’m going to take my business elsewhere. Please fix this situation
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Ok, so are you trying to switch back to a plan? For your own security we would need to verify the account before making changes. Creatingg a Facebook account is very easy. That maybe your best bet so we could help.
Yes sir I am. And I am encountering an error on self-serve that is preventing me from doing so. And with all due respect I shouldn’t have to create a Facebook account or join any third party website just to continue my services with you (when I go to the hospital they don’t send me down the street to buy bandages)??? )Please have someone email me and I can provide all the verification needed. As well can someone please look into why there is a error on my account, that could fix a lot of issues, thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz We are phasing out email, so that is not an option unfortunately. Happy to call you though if you prefer. Is there a number, even if it's overseas where you can be reached? That way all can be looked after.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes sir I am. And I am encountering an error on self-serve that is preventing me from doing so. And with all due respect I shouldn’t have to create a Facebook account or join any third party website just to continue my services with you (when I go to the hospital they don’t send me down the street to buy bandages)??? )Please have someone email me and I can provide all the verification needed. As well can someone please look into why there is a error on my account, that could fix a lot of issues, thank you
You can also schedule a call back to any number you enter in Koodo assist
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/
Sorry but I am in the middle of the Caribbean ocean, with no alternate number available.
Can someone look into why there is an error n my self serve, is it because it’s on hold that I cannot make changes ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Everything looks ok for your self serve account. Can you confirm if you can get to the Mobile Services page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry but I am in the middle of the Caribbean ocean, with no alternate number available.
Can someone look into why there is an error n my self serve, is it because it’s on hold that I cannot make changes ?

In that case sending Koodo a private message via favebook or twitter is your best bet. If you dont have an account, just create a dummy one.
If you choose not to, then you will need to wait until you gte back on land to schedule a callback
Nope , that’s where I am encountering the error

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Strange...I'd like to reset your account but can't do it without authenticating your identity first. That can only be done over the phone and as you said you are in the middle of the Caribbean calling you is not possible. Are you gonna be at a port any time soon?
I am in port now but have no access to phone, I can receive iMessage or face time through wifi that’s about it (other than email) can I provide say, my current bill balance or any other information?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Unfortunately those are not securely approved channels. What plan were you trying to switch back to?
There’s a 2 gig / 500 minute promotion on for $45, or whatever equivalent is close
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would also need Easy Roam, and depending on what island you are at it may not even cover you. Is that where you wanted to use your phone?
I am returning to Canada for vacation, I need to be able to switch it back and forth as I did before
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gurnz Ok, so we can't make changes without authentication. I tried my best. However, when you land in Canada, just dial 611 and we will help you switch things back.
Does 611 work while the phone is still on seasonal hold?