Koodo Community

Community

Solved

second line for home/child

So, I have a monthly plan of 40$/ month with koodoo. But, no home phone. Now that my son is getting older I need to look into getting a home phone. But am wondering if adding a second line would be a better idea in regards to pricing. Can somebody help me out here. If I get a second line are there any benefits or savings ?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What do you want out of this second line? The home phone stays at home and can only make calls vs a cell phone that you can bring wherever and send texts, make calls and use data. The only benefit to adding a second line to your account would be unlimited calling between the two lines.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Sevarina,

You could buy him a prepaid phone that'S only 15$ per month and you could text with him anytime!
Thanks ya I ended up calling koodoo. I actually was unaware that I had the option of getting a home phone with koodoo. So I'll probably do that.
It really wouldn't be for him to take out though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sevarina Carina wrote:

It really wouldn't be for him to take out though.

So to Allan's question, what would the 2nd line be for?  What does it have to do with your son getting older?
As he's almost 8. It's just for if he's home for a bit let's say if I go to the store or walk the dog and he needs to contact me kind of deal
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sevarina Carina wrote:

As he's almost 8. It's just for if he's home for a bit let's say if I go to the store or walk the...

I'd definitely recommend prepaid for him! Edit: oops I missed the part where you mentioned getting the wireless home phone, that would work too of course.
Userlevel 6
Wireless home phone is a simulated replacement for an analogue line, and based on what Sevarina describes as her needs for this service, would be the simplest and somewhat cost-effictive solution.
A cellphone is much more personal, usually kept in one's pocket or purse, often people screen-lock their phones. I see no benefit in giving an eight year old a cellphone for their own use. To be fair, I don't have an eight year old myself (at the time of writing). I would imagine I'd keep some old phones lying around that an eight year old could use as a portable game console (to play some educational games) without any access to the internet, but that'd be about it.
If I had to choose between pre-paid and post-paid for an eight year old, I'd probably skip the towers and do voip over wifi only, but even then, the landline replacement option with Koodo's wireless home phone (or if you're a little tech savvy and have access to good internet, go with a voip service provider) is a much better option in this case.