Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung S6 -Overheating

I have a S6.  It had worked great.  I was down to 63% so I plugged it in and charged it for 45minutes.  I took phone to work and got it out to use and it was really hot.  I could not do anything with the phone...the blue light was on and the Samsung name was fading in and out.  I tried holding the power button to turn it off and NOTHING happened.  After 3 hours, the battery died.  What is going on with the phone?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And it stayed very hot? Could be a temporary glitch or it could be a battery issue or a charging issue.

Try charging it again to say 40% and restart it and see what happens. If it'll cool down or what. I've had phones get so hot they won't even charge but a restart fixed it. Did you also attempt a forced power down? Volume down + power button at the same time for 10 seconds or until it restarts.
It stayed very hot until the battery died.  I didn't try the forced power down because I didn't know about that.  I will try to remember that if it happens again.  Thanks for that tip.  Once I got home, I charged the phone to 20% and it seems to be fine....I hope that it was just a fluke.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just keep an eye on it for the next while that it doesn't stay hot and unresponsive. The force restart should definitely help you out if it does. I assume that your phone is over a year old now?
I just got it in March.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alright if it keeps up then it would be good idea to use the warranty to get it fixed.