Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Samsung Ace picture messages not sending/receiving?


I have the unlimited messaging plan which includes picture messaging. I've been looking through these forums for hours & I've tried everything I came across. Turning data off & on, turning wifi off & on, going through all the APN settings, taking the battery & sim out.. etc. I've tried calling customer support a few times & I'm always put on hold for a very long time, I just can't get through. Someone please help!

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Part of the issue with the ACE model is the very low intenal memory. It's only 158MB and when it gets close to capacity it impacts picture messaging. Try moving as much as posssible off your internal memory storage and to an SD card. You might have to hard reset the phone itself to clear the memory.
You need to have data enabled to send or receive picture messages. There are instructions on here on how to set up an APN that will only allow picture messages to be sent and not use data. I'll see if I can dig it up.
RoryC wrote:

Part of the issue with the ACE model is the very low intenal memory. It's only 158MB and when it ...

Thanks for your input. I hardly have anything on my phone as is & I put everything I could onto my SD, yet my pic messaging is still not working! Thanks again
Iglooman wrote:

You need to have data enabled to send or receive picture messages. There are instructions on her...

Thank you this helped me very much. I appreciate it.
Posted by Chad Burr on another thread: Setting up A Koodo phone for MMS with no additional Data Access Navigate to Settings / Wireless controls / Mobile networks / access point names You'll be creating two APN's Add the first apn (usually by hitting the menu key and tapping ADD NEW) Note: in the example below please omit the spaces between the http: and the address This is done because some websites shorten URL's Input the following settings (leaving designated fields blank): APN NAME: Koodo (NoData) APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: Port: Username: Password: Server: MMSC: Proxy server: Port: MCC : MNC : APN type :internet Save this entry (usually by hitting the menu key and selecting SAVE) Now create a Second APN using the following settings APN Name: Koodo MMS ALLOW APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 Username: Password: Server: MMSC: http: //aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MCC : 302 MNC : 220 APN type :mms Now save this entry as you did the first. On the list of available Access Point Names you'll notice three (or more) entries. Select the Koodo (NoDATA) apn and make it active (you'll notice you can not choose the Koodo MMS ALLOW entry) Exit the APN menu. You'll notice the 3G or 4G data indicator has disapeard leaving only the Signal strength indicator. When you do send a picture the Data indicator will re-appear and the picture should be sent. Same when you get a picture message.
Iglooman wrote:

Posted by Chad Burr on another thread: Setting up A Koodo phone for MMS with no additional Data ...

Thank you for finding this for me. I went through all of these steps, and my photos are still not sending/receiving. My data is enabled as well.. again, thanks anyways!
Userlevel 1
Iglooman wrote:

Posted by Chad Burr on another thread: Setting up A Koodo phone for MMS with no additional Data ...

Check your internal memory Destiny! I know you say you have hardly anything on but if for any reason you are close the 158 things will not work. Even text messages will take up space.
Iglooman wrote:

Posted by Chad Burr on another thread: Setting up A Koodo phone for MMS with no additional Data ...

Well, I had to delete literally everything on my phone, but it worked! haha all that just for a few pictures. Next time I buy a phone I will definitely get one with much more memory! Thanks so much!
Iglooman wrote:

Posted by Chad Burr on another thread: Setting up A Koodo phone for MMS with no additional Data ...

When you go into Applications Manager, how much memory is listed free at the bottom. I have the original Samsung Galaxy Ace as well, and for the life of me couldn't figure out why my incoming texts were being refused because I had 15MB free, and it turns out with this phone you have to have over 20MB free or it gets worried and refuses texts and does weird things. 😞 Just having a few MB free is not enough.
Iglooman wrote:

Posted by Chad Burr on another thread: Setting up A Koodo phone for MMS with no additional Data ...

Haha, good job! I know memory management on this model is a pain. I've had to dump several apps that I'd like to have on just for that reason alone. Looking to upgrade, just don't have the spare coin right now. Apparently if you're brave you can root your device and move more to the SD card using an app manager, since some apps won't move now due to the permissions they require, but I haven't tried it yet because I don't want to risk bricking the only phone I have. 🙂 Enjoy the picture messaging!

Reply