Koodo Community
Solved

Rocket Hub MF275R

• 19 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I’m wondering if I could purchase the ZTE MF275R Rocket Hub that is unlocked and use a Koodoo data plan rather than a cell phone?

I would like to use my rocket hub at my summer house where internet is not available but I know koodoo data is working overthere.

So before purchasing a rocket hub and subscribe for a new koodoo data plan, I would like to make sure that it would work.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Goran 19 July 2020, 19:27

It should technically work in anything with the compatible bands. It's meant primarily for tablets but I don't see why it couldn't work in an internet stick as well.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It should technically work in anything with the compatible bands. It's meant primarily for tablets but I don't see why it couldn't work in an internet stick as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It might be cheaper to get a larger data plan and just tether off your phone/spare phone.  No need for a Rocket hub

Unfortunately I can’t because I would need to leave my cell phone at my summer house (even if I’m not there I need to have internet access). 

I’ve tried my Koodoo cell phone card in a rocket hub and it’s not working 

So I had no choice but to go with a plan from Rogers :cry:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately I can’t because I would need to leave my cell phone at my summer house (even if I’m not there I need to have internet access). 

I’ve tried my Koodoo cell phone card in a rocket hub and it’s not working 

So I had no choice but to go with a plan from Rogers :cry:

Im surprised it didnt work.  Where did you get the hub from?  Are you sure it was unlocked?

At first it was locked, then I contacted Rogers to unlock it and it worked fine.  I could see in the config that it was unlocked.

So I was a bit surprised too because I thought my Koodo sim card would work and provide the data without any problems ☹

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

At first it was locked, then I contacted Rogers to unlock it and it worked fine.  I could see in the config that it was unlocked.

So I was a bit surprised too because I thought my Koodo sim card would work and provide the data without any problems ☹

It really should.  Did you get a regular phone plan with Rogers to put in the hub or a special rocket hub plan? I assume the data is 3G and LTE and not 2G data.

I got a specific Rocket Hub data plan.  Data is either 4G or LTE depending.

Data is data so I really don’t understand because I’d rather use a Koodoo mobile plan in there; twice the data for the same price :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I got a specific Rocket Hub data plan.  Data is either 4G or LTE depending.

Data is data so I really don’t understand because I’d rather use a Koodoo mobile plan in there; twice the data for the same price :(

It could be the APN settings.  When you had the koodo sim in the hub, did you configure the APN settings?

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone