Koodo Community

Community

roaming pkg in philippines

Userlevel 2
I hope we can get a roaming pkg for philippines or atleast for asia. Ur u.s add ons is perfect but i hope u can have any add ons in asia

4 replies

Userlevel 2
You can unlock your phone and just buy a sim card in the Phililppines, the rates are much cheaper there, for example, you can get unlimited 3G data for a day for only 50 peso!
Userlevel 2
But i want my # tho.
Userlevel 6
Being able to use your own number in the Philippines would be convienient, but that convienience would come at a cost. The actual cost on Koodo's end to roam in the US is significantly less than it is for other countries, which is how they can offer those roaming add-ons and still make a profit. The Philippines, however, are in the Zone 2 roaming fees bracket, so it's actually much more expensive for Koodo to offer roaming there. Not saying that they couldn't make a roaming add-on, it's just that in order to continue making a profit they would have to charge [i]a lot.
Userlevel 2
Just like Curtutles said it would cost too much even with an add on. What's your reason to need to use your own number there? For business?