Koodo Community
Solved

Roaming in Togo

• 24 November 2018
  • 5 replies

My wife is currently in Togo, West Africa.

I got an email saying that if she is on Easy Roam (which she is) it will cost $12/day to use her phone.

Togo is not listed in the countries covered by Easy Roam. Is it or is it not covered?
icon

Best answer by Mats 24 November 2018, 17:45

I got an email saying that if she is on Easy Roam (which she is) it will cost $12/day to use her phone.

Togo is not listed in the countries covered by Easy Roam. Is it or is it not covered?

If you go to the page below and click on "see the countries that aren't included" you'll see Togo listed there.
I would say it's not covered.

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi
I didn't see Togo in the list neither. I saw the neighboring country Ghana there. Did she travel there also? or traveled near the border?

Anyway, I would suggest you check in with Koodo to make sure if Togo was on the list. They might have added but haven't updated the web. I would suggest you contact them via facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Koodo) to avoid the wait on phone.
Badge +4

If you go to the page below and click on "see the countries that aren't included" you'll see Togo listed there.
I would say it's not covered.

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam
Thanks for the reply. That was my assumption as well, but the email states:

Hello,
Looks like ***-***-xxxx is roaming on a Togo network. Just so you know! If Easy Roam is active for them, they'll be charged $12/day for the days that they use their monthly plan's minutes, data or texts. The rates without Easy Roam are $2.50/min, $10/MB and $0.60/outgoing text (max. 160 characters each). All incoming texts are free.

I'd just like to know which it is! A single text could cost 60c or $12, or an hour phone call could cost $12 or $150.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the reply. That was my assumption as well, but the email states:

Hello,
Looks like ***-***-xxxx is roaming on a Togo network. Just so you know! If Easy Roam is active for them, they'll be charged $12/day for the days that they use their monthly plan's minutes, data or texts. The rates without Easy Roam are $2.50/min, $10/MB and $0.60/outgoing text (max. 160 characters each). All incoming texts are free.

I'd just like to know which it is! A single text could cost 60c or $12, or an hour phone call could cost $12 or $150.

I would contact Koodo directly and ask them. In any cases, I would keep the email from Koodo just in case your wife was charged at a different rate.
I took the suggestion to look at usage online. It is 60 cents/text. The email I received was quite misleading.

Thanks all for the help -- I was trying to avoid a call to Koodo by posting here -- and it worked!