Koodo Community

Community

Solved

roaming fee while travelling in the us

if i get the $10 unlimited texting add on while traveling in the u.s do i get charged a roaming fee by Koodo while my phone is on and if so how much
icon

Best answer by Dave 9 November 2014, 00:35

The US roaming addon allows unlimited texting while in the US. If you pick up your phone for either incoming or outgoing phone calls then it costs $1.50/min Make sure that your data is turned off while in the US, and try to only use wifi, because I believe data roaming is $5/MB. The CRTC has laws in place that we will cap your data if you reach $100 of roaming data (which does not take much). You can always uncap it but you are responsible for all data charges - this is why I say that you should turn off your data while in the US. Also, if your friends call you while in the US, they can leave you a message on your voicemail, and you can retrieve it from another phone line by calling 1+ 10 digit cell phone number, when it giving you the greeting type * (star) to interrupt the greeting, and then follow the voice prompts...or just have them text you. Please keep in mind that if the text message is too long it would be send as an MMS (picture messaging - which uses data)

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
The US roaming addon allows unlimited texting while in the US. If you pick up your phone for either incoming or outgoing phone calls then it costs $1.50/min Make sure that your data is turned off while in the US, and try to only use wifi, because I believe data roaming is $5/MB. The CRTC has laws in place that we will cap your data if you reach $100 of roaming data (which does not take much). You can always uncap it but you are responsible for all data charges - this is why I say that you should turn off your data while in the US. Also, if your friends call you while in the US, they can leave you a message on your voicemail, and you can retrieve it from another phone line by calling 1+ 10 digit cell phone number, when it giving you the greeting type * (star) to interrupt the greeting, and then follow the voice prompts...or just have them text you. Please keep in mind that if the text message is too long it would be send as an MMS (picture messaging - which uses data)