Koodo Community
Solved

Ripped off

Why am I getting ripped off? You aren't offering me this is discriminating.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 14 February 2019, 16:29

Its not discriminating. Some people get offers, others dont. It's based on a multitude of factors determined by Koodo, whether it's your plan, usage, etc.
Uunfortunately if you didnt recueve the text though then you arent eligible for it and will just have to wait until an offer comes your way!

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Its not discriminating. Some people get offers, others dont. It's based on a multitude of factors determined by Koodo, whether it's your plan, usage, etc.
Uunfortunately if you didnt recueve the text though then you arent eligible for it and will just have to wait until an offer comes your way!
When you aren't offering everyone the same deals I'd call it discriminating. You are deciding some people are worthy and some aren't based on whatever you decide, that's discriminating. I've gone over my data multiple times, you are offering me higher rates than what others are paying which is discriminating. Is that fair? I pay my bills early or on time, not late. Once there is internet service here I will just cancel Koodo because I feel your company doesn't care, just greedy pigs. You are apart of Telus where the future is suppose to be friendly, this is far from.
Badge +4
It isn't discrimination at all. Nice try though. You receive offers that others don't as Allan explained to you.

Try contacting Koodo and see if they will do anything for you. Explain your data problems and they might be able to help.
Still is discriminating look up the definition
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, Koodo is a business to make money. It is not a crown corporation and don't have a mandate to send offer equally to everyone.
Yeah that's a dick response. Our government should really step in, Canadians have been paying the highest rates in the world for far too long. The fat cats on top have been soaking it up for too long. Something needs to change. I hope Canada bands Huawei and you all loose your jobs because of it and Koodo collapses in the wake.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Angryxtechie wrote:

Yeah that's a dick response. Our government should really step in, Canadians have been paying the highest rates in the world for far too long. The fat cats on top have been soaking it up for too long. Something needs to change. I hope Canada bands Huawei and you all loose your jobs because of it and Koodo collapses in the wake.

I am a customer like you, I am not working for Koodo. Don't try to tell me to lose my job, that is so mean.

Huawei had nothing to do with you and the offer.
I have nothing against Huawei to be honest and if you don't work for Koodo you probably will loose it anyway if you aren't on my side. The Canadian short is coming lots of people are going to become unemployed when our economy collapses. Hence why I'm sick of being ripped off by fat cats
Badge +4
@Angryxtechie

It sounds like your current plan is not working for you if you're always going over. If you have tenure with them contact them and see if they can give you the offer or maybe offer you something better than you currently have.
Been there, done that, ripped off and discriminated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you've contacted koodo and they say theres nothing they can do than that's that. Sorry
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Angryxtechie wrote:

You are free to file a discrimination complaint
https://www.chrc-ccdp.gc.ca/eng/content/what-discrimination
to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality. That's the definition of discriminate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Angryxtechie wrote:

to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality. That's the definition of discriminate.

Why does the hotel give a preferential rate to a company, but not me.?
Why cant I order off the seniors menu?
How come kids get to go to a movie theater for a lower price and I have to pay full price?
Why do people with lower income pay a lower rate of taxes than I do?
Why to disabled people get better parking?
Why do smokers get more breaks than I do?
How come students get a discount to the museum and I pay full price?
#Discrimination
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Angryxtechie wrote:

The important point here is "according to actual merit". It is your usage that determines whether you qualify for the offer. Not your age. Not your race. Not your gender. Not your income. Not your nationality.
Angryxtechie wrote:

I'm a little concerned about your mental state if that fact you didn't get this deal bothers you that much. I didn't get the deal and I could care less, instead they offered me other deals when I logged into my account. However, you need to take a breath, relax, calm down and realize that it's not the end of the world just because you don't get a deal a few other people are offered.

If you let things like this bother you it won't be long till your in a padded room.

And lets be honest, it's not just Koodo. Every other cellular company offers targeted deals....
Thanks for the tip bud. My cats breathe smells like cat food.