Koodo Community
Solved

Renew base plan

• 23 February 2021
  • 8 replies

My base plan expired in 10 days but I’d like to renew it now. My current balance has enough fund to do it. Is it possible to renew base plan earlier or I should wait for 10 days?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 24 February 2021, 14:27

You can’t renew a baseplan ahead of the due date.

If you are running out of minutes or data prematurely, it would probably be better to buy a booster because those units will never expire as long as your account is active. Whatever balance you might think a baseplan has evaporates on renewal or change.

If you change your baseplan, the current one expires right away and your 30-day baseplan clock resets to day 1. You will have to evaluate if that is advantageous or not depending on your usage.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your balance has enough in the account to renew it then it will renew automatically in 10 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can’t renew a baseplan ahead of the due date.

If you are running out of minutes or data prematurely, it would probably be better to buy a booster because those units will never expire as long as your account is active. Whatever balance you might think a baseplan has evaporates on renewal or change.

If you change your baseplan, the current one expires right away and your 30-day baseplan clock resets to day 1. You will have to evaluate if that is advantageous or not depending on your usage.

I did. Just called to Koodo and asked renew. Support team did it immediately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah, no. Allan and Bob are correct, the plan will only renew at the expiry date, you can’t purchase renewal in ADVANCE. It is the whole purpose of prepaid really (pay as needed).

What probably happened is that support added some funds and so that your plan will renew at the expiry date. If you were to use those funds to buy a booster, it wouldn’t renew.

However that is semantics really, I’m just posting that here in case someone else has the same question. In your case, your plan is good for another 30 days after expiry and that is what counts :)

Edit: I would suggest you set up auto pay. You’ll never need to remember to top up!

Dear Sophia,

I have auto top up.

in my case my internet ended just for 14 days. My next auto renewal should be 5 of March.

I added funds manually, called support and asked to renew my plan. My plan was renewed immediately on 23 February. My next auto renew on 25 March.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dear Sophia,

I have auto top up.

in my case my internet ended just for 14 days. My next auto renewal should be 5 of March.

I added funds manually, called support and asked to renew my plan. My plan was renewed immediately on 23 February. My next auto renew on 25 March.

So basically you lost 12 days of your exisiting baseplan by renewing/changing your baseplan early.

I think everyone here was trying to get you to avoid losing those days.

)))))

In you opinion is better buy 1 gb internet for $30 than lost 12 days and buy 5gb for $45 for 30 days?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In my opinion that means you are on the wrong plan to start with :)