Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question re: plan

I just changed my plan to the CAN data 500MB + min BB $50. Does this give me access to the internet from my phone? How can I send and receive picture messages?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it gives you internet access from your phone. To send picture messages, first make sure you can access the internet (i.e open a webpage). Assuming that does work normally, sending picture messages is just like sending regular texts. There is a small paperclip icon on the texting app. Tap on this and it will give you the option to attach a file/picture/video/etc.
Ok, when I tried to access the internet it does my plan does not support this. Also I do not have the paperclip icon. My phone is the Blacberry Curve. Thanks
Userlevel 4
Shannon St Pierre wrote:

Ok, when I tried to access the internet it does my plan does not support this. Also I do not have...

Try this... Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table. No matter what is seen or not seen, press the Blackberry button on the phone (menu button) and select Register Now. Power down the phone for a minute the turn it on. You should get a response about "your device is successfully registered on the wireless network" or something like that. When that happens, make sure data is on and try to browse.
Shannon St Pierre wrote:

Ok, when I tried to access the internet it does my plan does not support this. Also I do not have...

I feel like I'm really stupid right now!! Where am I finding options?
Userlevel 4
Shannon St Pierre wrote:

When you bring up all the apps on your phone, Options would have a symbol that looks like a wrech 🙂
ok, nevermind I figured that out...nothing shows up. It says no entries
and by nevermind I mean I found the options>device>advanced system setting and host routing table but like I said, it says no entries so I can't select anything
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From the host routing table page, press the menu button (the one with all the dots). Then click on register now. Click ok. Then restart the phone.