Koodo Community
Solved

Question on Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance Addon


I have a 1000 minutes LD addon which enables me to call included countries. I also have "Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance" addon on my account, which I believe enables me to call other countries outside of 1000 mins LD addon at pay per use rates.

  1. I am trying to understand if I remove "Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance" from my account, will I still be able to make calls using 1000 minutes LD addon?
  2. Also would removing "Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance" addon stop me from getting charged once my 1000 minutes LD minutes lapses? I don't want to pay over-usage international charges as Koodo doesn't send any text alerts for LD usage.
I hope someone has answers to the above. TIA.
icon

Best answer by Goran 5 February 2019, 17:13

  1. I'm not sure about that. You can try it. I'm gonna guess no since it's the option that enables international calling in general
  2. I'm Gonna say no unless the above is the case. You're gonna have to keep a tally of your minutes. Pen and paper or something until when / if Koodo implements a counter and shock free calling.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. I'm not sure about that. You can try it. I'm gonna guess no since it's the option that enables international calling in general
  2. I'm Gonna say no unless the above is the case. You're gonna have to keep a tally of your minutes. Pen and paper or something until when / if Koodo implements a counter and shock free calling.
I know I can try removing it but I don't want to screw up my 1000 min LD addon so I don't want to take risk. I can keep track of the minutes, but many of my friends ended up paying more.

Btw if you are on Android this app is really good in tracking international minutes and alerting you. It's the best and only app out there for this purpose that has an easy interface. Sharing so it will be helpful for others looking.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trecone.cctbmx
Badge +4
"Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance" just enables you to be able to make International calls. 1000 min LD add-on is more of a billing add-on.

Question 1. If you remove it you won't be able to make International calls.
Question 2. Irrelevant since you won't be able to make an International call.
Mats wrote:

"Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance" just enables you to be able to make International calls. 1000 min LD add-on is more of a billing add-on.

Question 1. If you remove it you won't be able to make International calls.
Question 2. Irrelevant since you won't be able to make an International call.


Are you sure about this? Because when I got the plan at Walmart kiosk, the rep wasn't adding the pay per use intl add-on, he was adding only the 1000 LD. I had to ask him to add the pay per use add-on.
Badge +4

Block outgoing international long distance calls

Don't want to make international long distance calls? Log in to Self Serve and remove the Pay-Per-Use International Long Distance feature from your account. It's that simple. Heads up: this doesn’t block calls to the U.S. or the Caribbean

The above was taken from the link below.

https://koodo-support.acromediainc.com/help/long-distance-calling
Mats wrote:


Block outgoing international long distance calls

Don't want to make international long distance calls? Log in to Self Serve and remove the Pay-Per-Use International Long Distance feature from your account. It's that simple. Heads up: this doesn’t block calls to the U.S. or the Caribbean

The above was taken from the link below.

https://koodo-support.acromediainc.com/help/long-distance-calling


I do understand that, I was only wondering because of the 1000 min LD addon.
Badge +4
I'm not sure I'm following you. Having the 1000 min add-on is only for how you will be billed after making an International call.. It has nothing to do with whether the phone will actually be able to make an International call or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
odook wrote:


Mats wrote:


Block outgoing international long distance calls

Don't want to make international long distance calls? Log in to Self Serve and remove the Pay-Per-Use International Long Distance feature from your account. It's that simple. Heads up: this doesn’t block calls to the U.S. or the Caribbean

The above was taken from the link below.

https://koodo-support.acromediainc.com/help/long-distance-calling

I do understand that, I was only wondering because of the 1000 min LD addon.


If Walmart didnt add the internaitonal LD pay per use add-on, you wouldnt be able to call long distance at all, regardless if you have the 1000min LD add-on or not

Reply