Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question on Anytime minutes in $29 Plan with Upto 100 min Anytime

hello. i took the $29 plan yesterday. I see that the long distance calls are deducted from the anytime minutes. How do I know if I am calling a long distance number? Since in the same province, I suspect there are long distance charges. thanks for the help.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
All calls not made during the evening and weekends are deducted from your anytime minutes (local, canada, international)
Userlevel 2
The 29$ plan includes Canada wide, so if ur calling during the day time it does towards ur day time minutes. If ur making long distance calls there will b long distance chargers and it uses ur day time minutes if ur calling in the day. If ur calling after 5pm or weekends to someone outside of Canada, ull only b charged for the long distance and it won't use up ur day time minutes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lazersage wrote:

The 29$ plan includes Canada wide, so if ur calling during the day time it does towards ur day ti...

Long distance within Canada - No long distance charges Long distance outside Canada - International rate
Userlevel 7
Lazersage wrote:

The 29$ plan includes Canada wide, so if ur calling during the day time it does towards ur day ti...

If the calls are made in Canada to a Canadian number you are not charged long distance no matter when you make a call, the only thing that happens is it uses your day time minutes during the day. During your nights and weekends you can call all you want, as long as the call is in Canada to a Canadian number. If you make a call to outside of Canada (US, international) then you will see extra charges. The current charge for calling to the US (no matter what time of day) is $0.50/minute.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lazersage wrote:

Basically long distance charges are independent of your anytime minutes. If you call the US during a Monday at noon u will get dinged with the 50 cents per min Gunn said, plus it will use your anytime mins
Thanks for all your replies. I was a bit confused that during the weekend and after 5 PM all calls Canada wide it will still take my available airtime minutes. Thanks for the clarification