Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Purchased international roaming, am in Ireland, phone says no coverage. Have unlocked Blackbery Z10

Have an unlocked Blackberry Z10.  Purchased and activated international roaming before leaving Canada.  Received text that add on was active.  Now in Ireland and no service at all.  Phone says emergency calls only

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So di you go into self-serve and add th two free roaming add-ons? Also you can check what networks show as available by selecting manual network selection. See I you can connect to anything that pops up. But first I'd check that the free add-ons have been added. Also another possibility mentioned in another topic iss if you changed your rate plan since putting the add-on on. It'll need to be re-adde then. But I thinking that the add-ons is more likely the issue.
Used the mobile app to purchase the add on. Received 2 texts confirming I was good to go from Koodo. I just checked my account on line, you're right no add on on my account. Guess those were bogus texts from Koodo. Many happy years now big snafu. And the problem is now I'm in Ireland and can't text.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Log onto your self-serve app and add them from there. Go to Plans & Add-ons and then Get More Add-ons. You can add the roaming bundle via the app as well afterwards.
Sorry, make that one email from Koodo no-reply saying my add on is now active from June 12 to July 12. Silly me thinking it was truthful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gary wrote:

Sorry, make that one email from Koodo no-reply saying my add on is now active from June 12 to Jul...

It's unfortunately a thing where it says it's added without checking for the add-ons being on or adding them as part of activating the roaming bundle. Please do use t self-serve app since you have Internet access and it should start working once all that is checked off.
Am on website now. The drop down menu has plans ; add-ons. I go to add one, there is international text or data, minutes, text. Only option there is to text a code to a number which I can't do. No option for add
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gary wrote:

Am on website now. The drop down menu has plans ; add-ons. I go to add one, there is internationa...

Try using the self-serve app on your phone please. It should work. Let us know. Also which browser did you try on the site? Chrome, Firefox, safari are the best ones.
Gary wrote:

Am on website now. The drop down menu has plans ; add-ons. I go to add one, there is internationa...

Well, that is the most convoluted system I've ever seen. So, had to go to the self serve site and add the international data and voice for zero dollars, then, text the activation text. Then received 2 more taxes emails from Koodo saying exactly what the previous 2 did all over again. Followed by another one saying this was already added (just didn't work) . Maybe Koodo needs to look at simplifying this byzantine process?
Gary wrote:

On the other hand thanks very much for your help. Been a very stressed and jet lagged day
Gary wrote:

So, one last question. If I now turn data off (to minimize useage), will I still be able to send receive texts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gary wrote:

So it's all working now? I personally agree that it is in need of an overhaul. I certainly think that the roaming add-ons that permit you to roam should auto activate if you get a package, since you bought a roaming package t us it, for instance. Texting doesn't work overseas because of code recognition via roaming partners so that probably won't ever change. As for data and texting, that's correct. All data is needed for is in the case of MMS's.