Koodo Community
Solved

Prorated Fees

• 28 April 2021
  • 2 replies

So my new data cycle or cycle in general started on the 25th. I’ve already used a fair amount of my data so I wanted to upgrade to the next plan up to get more data. When I did it through self serve it said my data and texts would be prorated. My fear is this is going to cost me more… should I wait until the next bill cycle? I can’t even find a phone number to contact Koodo.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 28 April 2021, 00:50

You don’t have to be worried about get charged for prorated data. It just simply means that since you have 28 days left in your cycle, that you’re gonna get 28 days worth of the data in the new plan.

The only thing that can get screwy with extra charges if you are switching plans and your old one has x amount of minutes. If you have unlimited minutes though then you’ll be just fine.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t have to be worried about get charged for prorated data. It just simply means that since you have 28 days left in your cycle, that you’re gonna get 28 days worth of the data in the new plan.

The only thing that can get screwy with extra charges if you are switching plans and your old one has x amount of minutes. If you have unlimited minutes though then you’ll be just fine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

Allan is right, extra cost would apply in case of a change from limited minutes plan to unlimited, during the bill cycle.

Data will be calculated based on the remaining days of the bill cycle, and it will include as well a partial charge for the price difference (between current and new plan).

Here you can find out more about proration due to plan change: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration