Koodo Community
Question

promotion confusion

• 8 January 2021
  • 4 replies

I've been a Koodo customer for 14 years, I'm currently paying 50$ a month for 4 GB and 500 min and there is a promotion that is offering 12GB and unlimited minutes for the same price. I don't want to upgrade phones, I just want the promotion. How do I go about this? I believe being a customer for so many years, referring friends, paying thousands of dollars should make me deserving of promotions offered to other customers. There's enough plastic polluting the world, I'm not buying a new phone if I don't have to, and pushing customers to buy another phone just to get a better deal on their plan is unethical. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just a couple things. 

So koodo is not even 13 years old yet. 

And unfortunately promo plans are for new activations or current customers who upgrade on tab.

You can always get the phone on tab and sell the phone. Or you can port to a competitor with the same promo as you owe no loyalty to Koodo or any wireless carrier. Just note they also have the same restrictions if you want a better promo plan in the future as it seems to be the industry norm.

Also the $50 promo plan is for 8gb. If you want 12gb it is the $55 promo plan. 

Other than pointing out the mistakes, you didn't really address the main concern; long term customers getting sandbagged. It looks like the only play for the consumer is to just bounce back and forth between different providers. All the deals are usually the same across the board. I get Koodo wants to attract new customers, but they aren't doing much to keep the current ones. The "4 GB data bonus" is what made me think the promotion comes with 12 gb. And sorry, I suppose almost 13 years as a customer. Regardless, I've been a day one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry I thought I addressed it here

'unfortunately promo plans are for new activations or current customers who upgrade on tab.

You can always get the phone on tab and sell the phone. Or you can port to a competitor with the same promo as you owe no loyalty to Koodo or any wireless carrier. Just note they also have the same restrictions if you want a better promo plan in the future as it seems to be the industry norm.'

You may not like the response but I did address it

And the best way to get businesses to listen is to speak with your wallet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You couldn’t change your plan to it in your self-serve

I would suggest you contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to look into it. Hopefully they can give you something similar as you were a long time customer. You could chat with a rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or schedule a callback with their digital assistant.