Koodo Community
Solved

Promo Code for a New Line?

Userlevel 2

I’ve recently (in the past month) received texts from Koodo for a promo on my account, and when I have called, they described it as $5 off a month, for 24 months, on a new line. When I log into self serve, I see that same promotion as a banner, however I don’t have any sort of promo code to enter. Last night I did actually add a new line to my account. Will the $5/month discount automatically be applied? or did I just miss out on that discount by not entering a promo code that I didn’t have?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 16 June 2021, 20:00

Just tested it out and it should automatically pop up if you follow the offer when adding a line. You would have seen this at the bottom:

As well the credit would have shown in the confirmation email if you successfully got it.

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you click on that banner, does it give any additional information about the promotion?

Userlevel 2

When you click on that banner, does it give any additional information about the promotion?

Unfortunately no. It just says “conditions apply” and then there is a link to “shop now” which obviously takes me to the shop, but does not pre fill out a promo code or anything like that, as best I can tell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just tested it out and it should automatically pop up if you follow the offer when adding a line. You would have seen this at the bottom:

As well the credit would have shown in the confirmation email if you successfully got it.

Userlevel 2

Well crap. Looks like I didn’t get it then. I wonder if I can call them and have them apply it.

Userlevel 2

Shoot, Sorry @Allan M , I meant to mark YOUR reply as the “answer”, not my own. Not sure if I can “undo” it though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ThunderBoldt 

Thanks for the report! 

The AAL promo is currently applicable on in market plans $45 and above and it should be reflected once order approved and line activated in your account.

At the moment, order is under approval, please check once the first bill, coming after the activation of the line, is ready and let us know here if it doesn’t apply automatically.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well crap. Looks like I didn’t get it then. I wonder if I can call them and have them apply it.

They’re usually pretty good about it. Especially since you just ordered it and could easily return and redo it.

I’d reach out to customer service and see what they can do. Easiest way would be a pm to Koodo via facebook or twitter but you can also schedule a callback through koodo.com/chat as well if you wish.

Edit: Follow what flo said above!

Userlevel 2

@Flo Koodo and @Allan M 
Thanks so much for your replies and help. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 2

Hi @ThunderBoldt 

Thanks for the report! 

The AAL promo is currently applicable on in market plans $45 and above and it should be reflected once order approved and line activated in your account.

At the moment, order is under approval, please check once the first bill, coming after the activation of the line, is ready and let us know here if it doesn’t apply automatically.

Thanks! 

Hi @Flo Koodo, so I checked my first bill with the new line added to the account, and the promotion for the $5 off wasn’t applied. Is there anything I can do to get it added to the account?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ThunderBoldt 

Thanks for the report! 

Thanks! 

Hi @Flo Koodo, so I checked my first bill with the new line added to the account, and the promotion for the $5 off wasn’t applied. Is there anything I can do to get it added to the account?

Thanks!

Let me flag this to a rep for you 

Userlevel 2

Let me flag this to a rep for you 

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @ThunderBoldt! We’ve just applied the promo on the new line and you should see it on your monthly bill beginning with the next billing cycle. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. 

Userlevel 2

Hello @ThunderBoldt! We’ve just applied the promo on the new line and you should see it on your monthly bill beginning with the next billing cycle. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. 

Excellent! Thank you so much for the help!