Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Pro-rated charges were wrong!

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How was it wrong? Is it for plan or minutes?
Mayumi wrote:

New plan (50$) was charged fully and THEN 43.33 partial fees (for about 3 weeks of usage) and 21$ were deducted as reimbursement of the 3 weeks of the old plan (25$)...  If you are going to charge partial fees, you cannot charge the full plan PLUS the partial fees...  1 week at 25$/month and 3 weeks at 50$/month just CANNOT amount to 72$!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

Hey Paul,

The partial fee covers the plan from the time you changed it to the end of your billing cycle. Koodo also charges you the upcoming month in advanced so that is why you got the partial fees and the full month fee. Seems like all the numbers match up like they should.... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

@ Paul
Based on your number stated here, you changed your plan 4 days after your billing cycle started.
When you change your plan during billing cycle, it will prorated. They will calculate your plan as per day basis.

$25 plan > $0.83/day   ($25/30days)
$50 plan > $1.67/day   )$50/30days)

You paid $25 in advance, but you used 4days of $25. So they credit rest of 26days  back
: $25- [($25/30days) x 4 ]=  $21.6666

Now, you used new $50 plan for 26days which you didn't pay yet since you didn't know you will change your plan when you paid your bill last month.
: $50/30days  x 26days = $43.3333

Then you will need to pay new $50 in advance.

$43.333- $21.666 + $50 = $71.667
Mayumi wrote:

THAT is what I disagree with - the 50$ in advance!  Makes NOOOOOO sense!  Unless you agree to call a change NOT free... there is NO WAY this bill should be HIGHER than the new plan since she did not even have the new plan the whole month!!!!   The monthly bill should be the rate of the OLD PLAN, minus the discount, plus the pro-rated charges... so it would amount to not QUITE 50$ (the charge of the new plan) and would then be right!  Your way to calculate this is UNFAIR and dishonest!
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

It's the same thing since you started with Koodo Paul. You are always charged the month in advanced, that's never changed. The only thing that changed is that you changed your rate plan a few days after your billing cycle changed. To a plan that is more expensive, so naturally you will have to pay more for that month.
Mayumi wrote:

OK, So.... if I leave Koodo on the day my cycle ends, I will be getting 50$ back from Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

Only if the upcoming month was already billed to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Then, you are not receiving your bill for next month yet.
So, you don't have to pay $50 for next month.
Mayumi wrote:

If I pay that 50$ "in advance" like you mentioned I HAD TO DO, then why am I not given it back if I don't USE it??  Sounds like a trick to me...   I am not impressed...
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

Take a look at this video Paul; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OrlKWPqwu8
Mayumi wrote:

Ok, I watched it. says what you said - I will be charged more the first month because I pay this month in advance.  So if my billing plan starts on July 13th, I am paying my basic plan in advance for a month (august 13th). So if I quit on Sept. 13th (which is my billing date), I have already paid my month (no other charges ) til October 13th.  Why SHOULDN'T I get this back?

Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

As I said earlier, if your bill was already posted then yes you would get a refund for any remainder of your plan that you cancelled before using. So if you cancel on day 2 of your plan you would get refunded for the 28 days you cancelled
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

OK. This is one example. If your billing cycle is 13th of the month to 12th of the next month:

You received your July bill on Jul 16th for Jul 13th to Aug 12th.
You paid $25 to use your service for this cycle.

You changed your plan to $50 plan on July 17th.
You will use your new $50 plan service from July 17th to Aug 12th. But you didn't pay for this portion. 

You will receive Aug bill included this partial charge for new plan- July 17th to Aug 12th.
You also receive your credit for old plan since you already paid old plan on July bill.
Then $50 for Aug 13 to Sep 12th.

You will receive your Sep bill around Sep 16th for Sep 13th to Oct 12th
But if you canceled your plan on Sep 12th, then you don't need to pay $50 for Sep 13th to Oct 12th (in advance).
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

Hi Paul,

Do you have access to your PDF invoice on your Self-Serve?

Mayumi wrote:

Just as I received my credit for my old plan on my August 12th bill - my old plan was paid for in advance - then I should receive 50$ credit if I cancel my plan on October 12th and pay the bill that will be issued on October 12th (because there WILL be a bill!)...  If you tell me this isn't so, then your explanation is lacking something and there is a fee that Koodo is pocketing and never giving back to its customers...  otherwise WHY am I paying MORE than my plan for the first month?  That money wasn't owed, it was paid in advance, so it's only fair it is paid BACK at the end of a contract which was paid in full til the last bill...
Mayumi wrote:

I do have access to it, I have studied it and something STILL doesn't compute!  If that 50$ is not discounted on my last bill, then it doesn't make sense!  Period!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

On October 12 bill, there will be charge for  Oct 13th to Nov 12th service.
And you will receive it 3 to 5 days after your billing date. around Oct 15,16th

If you cancel your plan on oct 12th, then you don't need to pay for Oct 13th to Nov 12th.
But you used service till Oct 12th, so, you don't get $50 back.

Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

Thanks Paul! Please look at the page 4 and tell us what you don't understand. In July invoice (Jul 14 to Aug 13), we charged you $25 for this phone number. During the cycle (July 18th), you changed your plan. So, on August invoice, we had to make the adjustment (reimburse you part of the $25 and charge you part of the $50). Are you okay with this information Paul?
Mayumi wrote:

Mayumi!  You and Mathieu are NOT saying the same thing!  Mathieu just confirmed what I was saying all along - and you are saying it's not happening!  Can you please get your explanations right??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Which part?
Userlevel 5
Mayumi wrote:

Hey Paul!

Could you please confirm that you are okay with my previous message. We are all trying to help you and we really need your cooperation 🙂.

Thanks!
Mayumi wrote:

Mathieu: As I said earlier, if your bill was already posted then yes you would get a refund for any remainder of your plan that you cancelled before using. So if you cancel on day 2 of your plan you would get refunded for the 28 days you cancelled
Mayumi wrote:

Ok... there are 3 people trying to help and I cannot reply to all separately... you are not all saying the same and I cannot keep on this post for much longer!  I realize you are all trying to explain but the only thing that made sense is that if I cancel before the end of my billing cycle, the 50$ I paid for the following month WILL be reimbursed.. if I cancel a few days after, the days used but be deducted...   I understood Mathieu's explanation - it was the only way my bill would make sense.  Now if any of  you disagree with what Mathieu said, then I DON'T get it and it is definitely not right!  I have to go!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Everyone is basically saying the same thing and trying to use examples as they know best to showcase it. If you understand only Mathieu, then that works fine, because at the end of the day everyone Is saying the same thing