Koodo Community
Solved

Price match

Now that Wind is available in my market, will you be matching their unlimited talk text and web pricing? Or should I just plan on switching?

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 5
hey Shawn just wanna say switching to wind not a good idea... they have limited service, roaming charges when you leave your local calling area KOODO free long distance, no roaming charges within canada what so ever, have you checkd out the canada wide data promotional plans theres the canda wide $60 unlmtied talk, unlmited text, cd, vm, 1GB data
Userlevel 1
With a zone-based Canada-Wide Calling option from WIND you are still restricted to a zone. So while you can call to anywhere in Canada at no extra cost, the call must be placed from your 'zone', and you will pay extra per minute if you are outside of this limited area. Koodo Canada-wide plans are good anywhere in Canada where Koodo has coverage (up to 96% of the Canadian population). Even if you live in Halifax, Nova Scotia and travel to Victoria, British Columbia, you will never see a long distance charge. Call from anywhere in Canada where Koodo has coverage to anywhere in Canada without worrying about long distance charges.
MatB wrote:

With a zone-based Canada-Wide Calling option from WIND you are still restricted to a zone. So wh...

Which is great: Live in PEI and used my Koodo phone in Toronto for a few days, then Vancouver a few days later, making local/long distance calls. My bill was -exactly- the same as every other month. No odd roaming fees, no charges, works exactly as advertised.
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

With a zone-based Canada-Wide Calling option from WIND you are still restricted to a zone. So wh...

This will push Shawn to rethink 1000 times before he even thinks switching to wind - Koodo will never be gone with the Wind.. sic
MatB wrote:

a> As long as you are in any area served by Wind, you do not get charged roaming. b> Don't care about going other places in Canada, care about the 20c roaming in the states, instead of 1.50$ that koodo/bell/telus/rogers charge. c> Care about the unlimited data and unlimited texting, as that is where most of my usage comes from.
Userlevel 2
Shawn,Go to whichever provider you wish,but if your looking for good service ,great plans Koodo is the way:)
Userlevel 5
I would not recommend carriers like WIND or Mobilicity who have limited coverage zones. You want actual service right? I thought so.
Userlevel 1
John Lee wrote:

I would not recommend carriers like WIND or Mobilicity who have limited coverage zones. You want ...

I hope that Shawn is so convinced about that John....
John Lee wrote:

I would not recommend carriers like WIND or Mobilicity who have limited coverage zones. You want ...

As long as they cover where I live, than I am happy. I do not commute outside of the area, save going to the states. Their US roaming is only 20c instead of 1.50$ of the 'big three" and their brands.
Userlevel 5
John Lee wrote:

good luck shawn sad to see you go 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I was thinking of going with Wind until I went on their website and seen where there local covage is and it's ridiculous.. Like everyone else said think twice about your changing. Go to winds website and click on the coverage area and see for yourself. Unless your in a certain part of Toronto or along hwy 400 and plan on only using your phone in that area then it's a terrible thing that will leave you with a bill that's on par or over the big 3 plans. They will be the company to go with in a couple more years though so Koodo better start thinking about this and taking it seriously even though it's a joke right now it won't last forever. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I was thinking of going with Wind until I went on their website and seen where there local covage...

you are right Kid, and they got phones that suck...
Userlevel 1

I was thinking of going with Wind until I went on their website and seen where there local covage...

Actually, I believe Wind's phone selection is much better than Koodo's current line-up. The problem is that, although Wind's coverage is increasing, it isn't improving. Yes, they may have maps that say they cover your entire local area, and you might not travel, there are several reports of frequently dropped calls and signals even in areas where signal is supposed to be best (downtown Toronto). Plus, they use the AWS frequency, which isn't very strong in terms of penetration in buildings... Also, you may need to swap out your current phone for another that supports the AWS frequency. All things to consider before you jump ship. If these don't affect you, you are free to switch over although we'd hate to see you go. Unfortunately, because of these issues, Koodo doesn't see Wind and Mobi as contenders so we won't see a price-match of those sorts for a little while... But you never know, it might change soon. I sincerely hope so, because if Wind can conquer it's greatest problem - reliability - then it will bring all the major carriers to their knees and we can all be relieved of the insane mobile markups in this country.
Userlevel 1

BTW, a more accurate and realistic representation of Wind (and other providers') true coverage based on user experience can be found here: http://www.coveragemapper.com/map.php?mccmnc=302490
Userlevel 1

Someone said samething longtime ago about "Public Mobile", that is still strugling to stay in the market, not like Koodo that has a strong Backbone that he can rely on (Telus for instance), even if you are not happy with Koodo you can still go back to Telus, I do not recommend neither Wind nor Public Mobile, or which ever company out there that is trying to find its way in this competetive business, let the best win! I am not sure their lineup is better than Koodo lineups, they have some BB, HTC.. and LG... and of course Iphone.. not very much impressive