Koodo Community

Prepaid customer to existing monthly account

We currently have my son under a prepaid account.  He is needing a new phone and so we are considering  getting him a monthly plan under my wife’s and my monthly account.  If I order him a phone and set up a plan under our monthly account, can I just put his existing SIM card in the new phone and will his existing number transfer over?  If so, when I log into our monthly account on the Koodo website will his existing phone number be the one listed for him or will it be the one that came with the new phone?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you sign him up for a plan, he will receive a new SIM card. All you need to do then is port in his prepaid phone number.

It's easy :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, you have a monthly plan? And you have your wife's line under you too?

Do you or your wife have any tab currently? If not, you can buy a phone under your account. Then give it to your son.

Of course you can add his line under your account and buy a phone, then port number in as Sophia mentioned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Prepaid SIM will not work on a postpaid account. Try to use up whatever boosters are still in the prepaid account and do your transaction near the end of the prepaid billing cycle because the account will automatically close with no refund.