Koodo Community

Community

Solved

PostPaid MMS vs PrePaid MMS

Userlevel 2
I think I'm going to star diving into this topic. Now I'm not up to speed on Prepaid so you prepaid experts will need to help me. As far as I know, with what I've read, data on PostPaid accounts is required in order to send MMS, but MMS on PrePaid, the data is blocked on Koodo's end to prevent the additional data usage, correct?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
I think so since none of the prepaid plans include data but they all include mms with the unlimited texting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Correct, Myke! You bring up a great point in fact 🙂 If MMS works on prepaid without a data booster (and it does), then why should it not work with postpaid that way too eh? Instead of a data block, postpaid members should be able to request the flex data to be removed while still being able to use MMS!
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Correct, Myke! You bring up a great point in fact 🙂 If MMS works on prepaid without a data boost...

According to my sources at work, the reason why it works the way it does on MMS is because the PrePaid system works differently than post paid. However, I feel this is very unfair, plus the amount of confusion that stems for the plethora of MMS threads that show up should be a clue to Koodo to figure out something so that PostPaid customers are at least on the same level as PrePaid with MMS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Correct, Myke! You bring up a great point in fact 🙂 If MMS works on prepaid without a data boost...

Hehe I love it when we prepaiders are ahead... again 😃 I often hear technical support people from Koodo say (well really I mean I see them post here, lol!) that something CAN'T be done but in my experience, that is hardly ever the case 🙂 For example when I suggested to sort the boosters by size instead of alphabet I was told plainly that it couldn't be done due to technical limitations of the system, whereas in actual fact something like that is probably not even a button push in the database 😃 And now we all enjoy an easy to see booster system 😃
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

These are the times I wish I was an IT, so then I can dive into the back end and see what's what.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Yep, I worked in the IT department of a rather large company as a software consultant and it was great fun to be the mediator between the end users and the technical guys 🙂 First thing we had to tell them that CAN'T is not an option 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

The sad part is when IT say they can but give an enormous quote to make the end user think inefficiency is better than fixing things 😞
Sophia wrote:

Well any time I received a mms message on prepaid if î there are any pictures attached I can't receive them unless I have a data booster activated
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

Activated or just your data tuned on?
Userlevel 3
Sophia wrote:

I can 100% confirm that you can send and receive pictures without a data booster as long as data is turned on on the device itself. I know this because I have a teenaged son who sends/receives pictures on the daily and does not have any active data boosters.