Koodo Community
Question

Porting number from TELUS

• 29 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I’ve decided to join Koodo after years at Telus. I ordered a SIM card online with a new plan and am waiting for it to come in the mail. I notice that my Koodo self=serve account is showing a new number which makes sense as I haven’t ported my number over yet. I just want to clarify the process of porting my number to reduce any potential for issues.

Should I wait until I receive my sim card and then initiate the number porting? And then continue to use my Telus sim card until I get confirmation that my number has been transferred over? Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'd do it like that where you wait. Make sure you don't register for self-serve until you get your activation email and then you an go in and select move your number.

I'd do it like that where you wait. Make sure you don't register for self-serve until you get your activation email and then you an go in and select move your number.

Thanks Goran. I received an email to activate my self-serve account which I did, but I have not touched the “change your number” function yet until I get my new SIM card..

Userlevel 7

See https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Once porting is done, ask koodo porting department for port protection, to protect your line against illegal number porting.