Koodo Community

Community

Please koodo, add name call display!

Why does koodo call display NOT display names of callers?? I know once they are in your contacts list the name will come up but that is not how call display should work. Every other company the name and number both come up no matter who calls! This is very frustrating when phone is used for business and you don't want hundreds of names in contact list whom you will oly be dealing with a handful of times. Koodo, please add name call display too!

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo has no plans as of right now to do this, it was brought up a couple months ago already and that was their statement
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo has no plans as of right now to do this, it was brought up a couple months ago already and ...

Here's the link : http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/name_listed_on_call_display_the_option_to_do_it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I understand that this can be frustrating for a business, but koodo does not offer, and never has offered, business services. They are a cellphone company designed for and targeted at consumer users, and have never pretended anything different. That is a big part of the reason their rates are lower.
Userlevel 7
Name display is a Rogers/Fido exclusive feature and Koodo has no plans to add it any time soon.
Userlevel 1
I used to have that feature when I was with Fido. It cost $8 a month but half the time it wouldn't work or it would show private number or anonymus so it wasn't worth it.
RoryC wrote:

I used to have that feature when I was with Fido. It cost $8 a month but half the time it wouldn'...

Umm...stop spreading lies Rory. I'm not a Fido fan, but I'm a firm believer in telling the truth. It costs $4 with Fido and you get more than name display: http://www.fido.ca/web/content/options/valuepacks.
Userlevel 4
RoryC wrote:

I used to have that feature when I was with Fido. It cost $8 a month but half the time it wouldn'...

Ever think it was possible the feature WAS $8 month at one point? Assuming Rory is lying is bad mediciine, my friend.
Great idea! My sister always brags about that feature. She gets it for free because she's been with them for a while. Koodo needs to step their game up, it's so annoying to not know who is calling, it's like playing peek-a-boo with your phone.
Display name could be changed in self serve web portal. Koodo could ask fees for this to limit modification and ridiculous name use.
Userlevel 4
Charles Fiset wrote:

Display name could be changed in self serve web portal. Koodo could ask fees for this to limit mo...

You're thinking of the exact opposite of what the OP mentioned, I think.
Charles Fiset wrote:

Display name could be changed in self serve web portal. Koodo could ask fees for this to limit mo...

Sorry, I want to say "...and display name could be changed in self serve portal". It's just to push the idea forward but you're right, my sentence was not clear.
yes . 
Even today when I call the technical support if they have this feature, they said no. Maybe in the future they will supply . 
It is really frustrating.